NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Favorite toys?

EinsteinsM0M

Elmo LOVES her "Triple Threat Ducky" toy. She also likes anything with wood blocks. I'm pretty lucky, she doesn't like anything that's big, she likes Conure sized toys and foot toys.

Here she is on her Hatch-day opening her gifts.

017.jpg

023.jpg

I love the look on her face in this pic...doesn't she look like an excited kid opening gifts!

024.jpg

I love all of these ideas! Thanks! Just a couple questions? Are these the same rubber ducks that you buy for bathtub toys? Do you drill a hole through the ducks and put them on a chain or are they used as foot toys? Is this a preassembled toy that I can pick up somewhere?

The one I get is made by "HappyBird" and they are much smaller than the normal bath tub ducky, but I think it's the same material. I've been thinking of getting Elmo a normal tub ducky as a foot toy.

The website is www.happybird.us

We carry the toys at my store so I just get them at work. I know the local Petland carries them too, so if you have a Petland in town they might have them too.

It's not just Elmo that does that! That is what Alex does too! ALWAYS the face first then the rest! I get my ducks at party city. I've been meaning to order a bunch from orientail traiding company cheeper that way. I don't drill a hole because it is really a stretchy rubber. I just use my xacto knife and make a small x in the back and bottom. I make most of my toys. I enjoy it and Alex loves to "help". :laugh:

Best diy toy site! http://www.cheepparrottoysntips.com/

Ponti likes any toy we give her! She used to be scared when we'd add a new toy to her toybox or cage (i should take a picture of her toybox, she's got way too many toys!) but now she likes anything we give her.

Though despite the copious amount of toys we keep her supplied with, one of her FAVORITE toys is....bottle caps! She's got a collection of multi-colored and multi-sized plastic bottle caps now, and she goes NUTS for them when she plays on her toybox. She'll spend hours chewing them up, stacking the smaller ones inside the larger ones, seeing how far she can throw them, you name it, it's endless entertainment.

A close second are ropes and leather straps. She likes to undo knots when you tie it up tight.<br><br>Post edited by: matt314159, at: 2008/08/28 20:27

Lyric loves toys with bells. He has this green rubber ball full of holes with a bell inside and he hangs upside down off of it and swings around, having a ball. He also likes rubber duckies- I give them to him in a small glass corningware dish full of water and he pushes it around and has a great time. He doesn't eat the faces off his first, he starts at the hole in the bottom- he likes to stick his tongue in the hole and eventually gets a beak in and makes it bigger. Of course some of his other favorite toys are anything he knows he's not supposed to have! Oh, also used to love wooden craft sticks (like popsicle sticks) only now it seems he's outgrown them and doesn't think they are cool anymore... he looks at me like "mom, don't you know these are so NOT interesting??" whenever I try to give him one now. I just love getting him new toys to see what he'll like. :)

It's good to know that Elmo is not the only grey that must have 666 under their feathers. :evil: Hahahaha! Everyone says I should have named her Omen or Damion because of some of the stuff she does...and always after they hear about the chewed off duck faces!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Klaus has the same toy as Lyric: The green ball with the bell inside that they can swing from. Klaus plays with that one ALL the time. He loves to attack it!

I love the idea of the rubber duckies...I will have to pick some up!

Laurie wrote:

I think Klaus has the same toy as Lyric: The green ball with the bell inside that they can swing from. Klaus plays with that one ALL the time. He loves to attack it!!

Liath has gone through 4 of these. She breaks the green rubber bit, so I rethread it on a new part of the ball until there is literally nothing left to hang it by, then she is given a new one and it begins again. She LOVES that toy. Its nearly time for a new one again:unsure:

Oisins favourite toy is teeny ball inside a clear acrylic ring, given to him by a very dear friend of mine. Poor Oisin will chase that little ball round and round the ring for ever. Maybe one day he will catch it:lol:

Zuri loves anything with paper..haha. and his bells that he feels the need to ring louder when im trying to watch tv and not paying attention to him. IM pretty lucky the commercial toys hes never gone for he loves the homemade stuff like paper towel rolls with treats inside, birdy bagels, not much of a wood chewer for sure.

When we saw Loki yesterday, he had a popsicle stick and was going to town on it, I pulled out the yellow and red dumbell foot toy and let him see it, he instantly flung the popsicle stick down, and waddled over towards the dumbell with an "OOOOoo me want!" look on his face. I offered the popsicle stick a few minutes later and I swear he looked at me like I was on something hehe.

It's good to see he likes toys, any shape or form hehe.

Just wait till the lil spoiled guy gets home hehe, he won't know what to do hehe.