NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Playstands

pmaholm

Looks like everyone is finishing up their play stands. below are pictures somewhat from beginning to end.

Materials Pics.

DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

One of the bases after assembly before trim and tile.

DSCN0720.jpg

Both stands with tile but no trim.

DSCN0746.jpg

Refund's Stand Finished.

DSCN0799.jpg

Joey's Stand Finished.

DSCN0798.jpg

Both stands together with birds.

DSCN0800.jpg

I forgot to mention some stuff. the trim is non treated white pine, the base is covered with self stick floor tile.

We got the wooden playstands from the same person who we got both Refund and Joey from, they've actually got perch bolts on the bottom to attach to the top of a dome top cage but I just cut some small squares of leftover pine trim and drilled a hole to fit the bolts now they just sit on the bases we made. I have paper in the bottom of Joey's stand which seems to work really well. We'll be cleaning Refund's stand soon and lining it with paper. Now all that's left is to put some toys on. :)

Carolyn, I have 2 lists of safe and dangerous wood ... I just don't know the difference between them by look lol, since I'm not a botanist or a dendrologist :lol:

http://www.birdsafe.com/woods.htm

and

http://www.silvercloudaviary.com/safewood.html

Wish they had pictures.

There are trees that are lining my condo's property that are all twisting and bent, would be perfect, but I haven't a clue what kind of tree they are. Mind you, my condo management might not like me taking a saw to one of them lol.

hmmm, I should take a picture...

• 2 months later...

This is an old post so I suppose no one will see my pictures. Didn't think the photos were worth a new post. Here it is. After reading and seeing all of the great playstands built by you guys I found myself laying in bed and designing one for Tobie. Don't know if he is having as much fun with it as I had making it. Also this is my first try at photobucket so the pictures may not come out. This is a good opportunity to try it out.IMG_2041.jpg

Well not only do you have photobucket licked, but that's a pretty amazing first run at making a playstand, if I understand you correctly. It looks terrific!

If you guys keep this up I'm going to start imagining that even I might be able to put together a junior version of another playstand (to replace or supplement my store-boughten one that Maxi is really not all that nuts about - she only wants to sit on its top perch...)

Great job Jan! Thanks for sharing that with us! And by the way Patrick : thanks for starting this thread with the blow-by-blow on your great playstands as well!