NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello world!

New on the board, although I've been lurking for a little while now.

I'll become a mommy to a baby grey sometime in October! After a bit of searching and research, I found a breeder nearby and have already visited the little bugger once.

I'm excited about the prospect of bringing home baby, but was also apprehensive until I found this site. Seems like there are a lot of great people here who know what they're talking about!

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and advice,

~Jen

Hello Jen and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey.

You have certainly come to the right place if you are looking for experienced grey owners who know their birds and love them unconditionally, we are all nuts about our greys.

You will find a lot of information in our many threads so please read thru them at your leisure and do ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Do you have any other birds or is this grey your first parrot?

Thanks! Yep - this will be the only parrot in the house, although I had a couple budgies growing up. Currently, we have dogs and horses, as well as several barn cats (the vet called them a "colony" when I took them to get fixed! - Guess that's what happens when you feed one stray...) Oh, yes - and an Eastern box turtle who lives in our backyard.

Well at least you have some bird experience and if you need anything all you have to do is ask.

I commend you on taking the barn cats in to the vet to be fixed as I know some who don't bother doing that but that is why we have so many in the shelters needing homes.

Thats so grey't that you've joined us this is the best place to learn all about African Grey's is Your Grey a Timnah or a Congo iust curious it doesn't wake a difference really They both are wonderful beautiful birds. I just love mine with every part of my being. I would not ever what to be without her. I have a Congo she is 5yrs old. She's a rescue anyway welcome to the forum and please read all you can so when your baby come you will know what to expect. Ask anything you want nothing is a silly question . You are in for a treat when your baby comes home I can hardly wait to see pictures of s/he.:laugh: