NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new owner

hello. i have been stalking this site for quite some time and i am finally happy to say all the preparing and researching has paid off and i hav brought my baby home! he is about 10 weeks old. i have a few questions ( i have asked the breeders a dozen questions but got a few different responses and found different opinions in books/websites etc. so i figured id give it a go and ask here) my grey is about 10 weeks old and is down to two feedings (on hand feeding formula) i have tried offering fruits/veggies and they havent seemed to interest him. homuch longer should i wait until to wean him down to one feeding/none? also--for those that had theirs since a baby--when did they start eatig ppl food?

Hi whiteflower welcome to the forum.

I have included a link for you on hand - feeding

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/the-nursery/73409-handfeeding-a-baby-grey.html

,please bear in mind that all babies are different & will vary in the rate to which they wean.Continue to offer the fruit & veggies,leave a bowl of pellets out alongside a bowl of water.As for eating people food,perhaps try some soft pasta,sweet potato mashed,a little scrambled egg,cooked rice etc,Try different ways of offering his veggies to him,mash them a little,perhaps serve a little warm.

We have a nursey room please take the time to have a read through the various threads in there ;)<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2008/08/05 14:23

Hello Whiteflower and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey. What is his name?

You certainly came to the right place for help in handling the handfeeding for Tracy, aka LovemyGreys, is an expert on grey babies and handfeeding. She has a wealth of knowledge on the subject and is willing to share what she knows with you and anyone else who needs it.

For lots of other information please read thru the many threads on various topics and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of your grey you would like to share with us we would love to see it.