NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Here's My New FIds

Toni

My new DYH Zons.

Trying to think of names.I will need help deciding the males name from my family forum.My blood family is helping me name the female.Once I decide the female's name then I will need the help for the male's.I want them to begin w/ the same letter.

DYH_Amazons_007.jpg

DYH_Amazons_007.jpg

Some females develop a brood patch during breeding.Changes in hormone levels can trigger this off,basically feathers on the bird's become loose,some females pluck them out or they will fall out.The tissue in the tummy area swells. The tissues hold more water, and the blood vessels that feed the skin expand. These changes make the bird's tummy skin almost as hot as the body's interior. When an incubating parent sits on the eggs, the skin muscles open up the brood patch. Then the parent sits down and wiggles its body back and forth a bit. The sensitive skin feels for the eggs so the parent can settle where the skin makes best contact with the eggs.Hope this makes it clear for you :)

Great looking pair Toni,The female doesnt look to bad,also the male can over preen her. A brood patch will occur in the tummy area.she looks more in the neck area,i suspect it may be the male preening her,just keep an eye on her just to be double sure she is not plucking herself.I wish you success with them ;)<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2008/08/02 17:33