NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello all!!!

Hi everyone! This is my first time using this website so I am trying to navigate myself around here. I am from Pennsylvania. I am bringing my Congo African Grey baby home this coming Monday August 4. I am very excited but also very nervous! This is the first bird I will own. Does anyone have any advice for me for the first few days at home? What to do and what not to do? All the help I can get is welcome! Thanks Everyone and I hope to hear from you soon. P.S. I still don't have a name picked out so any suggestions would help :)

Hello Raiderbabe! Welcome to the forum. I'm new to Greys myself so I cant be much help but I believe there is section under The Nursery called bringing your grey home that was very helpful to me. The folks here have also been a huge help when I cant find what I am looking for:)

Hello Raiderbabe and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey.

Congrats on getting your first bird, you are diving right in with getting a grey first off but if you do a lot of reading and research you should be able to handle it.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

When you get some pictures of this grey if you would share some with us as we would love to see it.

Welcome Raiderbabe! You will find it is a great experience to be owned by a grey. Do you know if yours is a girl or boy? Any ideas of some names you really like? Well I bet you are having lots of fun already. Keep learning all you can about them and keep us updated.