NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Are these toys safe?

Broomer

Are the bars attached permamently? or screwed in? I don't mind taking one apart and stripping the paint off the blocks and redying them.

The ones we saw were in boxes, so didnt have a chance to see how it was all put together.

I was thinkign of trying to make one or something similar. I just can't seem to find Stainless Steel wire that isn't a weave like speaker wire. I don't want to risk that getting freyed... I used to work with speaker wire a lot, god knows how many times I've stuck myself with the pointy bits :blink:.

I've checked Lowes and Home Depot here in Toronto, and I just can't seem to find any.

Melissa and Doug have one, though it looks tiny.

It seems the only place me and my wife can find these toys are at Masterminds here in Toronto. I would figure that since they're pretty much an upscale toy store that they'd have better quality control. Pity thing is we don't have Melissa and Doug's here in Canada, and they don't ship up here either.

This is what M&D have ... tiny huh?

Bead_Maze.jpg

Bead_Maze.jpg

I found a toy by this company at a yard sale and looked them up on the web before deciding to add it to Dorian's toy chest. I read their mission statement and they seem very focused on saftey. Plus they're a Canadian company! Here's their web site. www.educo.ca

Now, if I could only convince Dorian it's not out to do him harm we'd be in good shape:P

I wrote an email to the toy store company that I saw them in, they replied with the following:

Thank you for your email. At Mastermind, we are committed to carrying the very best toys. We try to ensure that our toys are fun, educational, well-made, safe, and a great value for our customers. We continue to work with our trusted toy supplier partners from countries all over the world to ensure that our toys meet all of these criteria, including each and every safety requirement that has been set. We focus on the toy itself, and it is our commitment to continue to provide the very best toys, and to help you find the best suited toys for your children.

Also, the bead frames that you are looking at are made from the following company, here is a link that discusses this information further.

http://www.educo.com/PDFs/China_is_Perfect_for_Producing_HaPe_Toys.pdf

looks like Loki might be getting one :D