how much do cags typcally cost

jasperk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's that converted to US dollars? hehe.

We got our baby for $850US the next day the price advanced to $1200US because they were close to weaning. We took our baby home needing 2 feedings perday but eating food too. Though it seems the recommendation is to purchase fully weaned birds.

The local shop in my area charges $1700 (Canadian Dollars) for a fully weaned baby CAG. I chose to get my TAG from a breeder on the other side of the country for $1150 plus shipping. He was 4+ months old, and a prize winning baby (came with his trophy!) :)

I checked a few breeders in the Vancouver Canada area and the average is $1200 for Tags and $1300 to $1500 for Cags I paid $700 for Tyco but shes a rescue. I've also checked out a few pet stores and they run from $1700 to $2500 depending on which store you get it from. I for One would never buy a bird from the pet store I know enough breeders that know even more breeders that I can always find a wonderful baby bird with a devoted breeder looking after it and making sure the baby's get plenty of love and socializing.

Pat<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2008/07/18 06:24

It seems TAGS are a lil cheaper here in Houston also. It seems those of you that got your babys for under $1000 either got them from a breeder rather than pet store or not fully weaned, except Africa!