NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hissy Fit!!

pearllyn

Just wanting to make sure that these little tantrums are quite normal for a grey! One minute he's playing away with one of his toys, or tucking into a snack, the next he's throwing a wobbly as if it swore at him! I try not to laugh, but it's a bit funny, it's hard not to! Just interested to hear all your experiences!

Yep, my birdie attacks his toys.

They never see it coming I tell ya!

It would have to be a pretty crafty toy to get the better of my bird...

LOL

Yes, it's normal. I believe my friend Dan here refers to this as "Grey Kung Fu." :laugh:

Oh yes!! Harrison has a ball with a bell in it. It hangs from the ceiling of her cage. She also has one hanging from her swing in her cage, the swing outside her cage and one on her play gym thingy...she just loves balls with bells. Anyway, she will play with it and play with it...all of a sudden it's been a bad boy and whammo it's being punished. She knocks it around a little bit and all of a sudden, the ball is a good boy now. lol. Harrison will back up to it and put her head next to it like she wants it to scratch her head. {Feel-good-0002006E}. She goes through these routines over and over...those balls must multiple personalities. ;)

Heather<br><br>Post edited by: HeatherStrella, at: 2008/06/28 03:22

HeatherStrella wrote:

She knocks it around a little bit and all of a sudden, the ball is a good boy now. lol. Harrison will back up to it and put her head next to it like she wants it to scratch her head.

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Brilliant description.... I can imagine it so clearly :laugh:

Tyco does that she must fall off her play top at least once a day. She isn't big on hanging toy's but foot toys on her play top wow she attacks those big time all puffed up weaving back and forth and then look out that toys gonna die.:woohoo: I love to watch her play they really are alot of fun. I think Greys are the only birds that play like that my other birds play with there toy but they don't get mad and kill them.

Animation1.gif

Talk about attacking their toys. My caique will beat the heck out of his toys. He stands on the top of his perch on the top of his cage and then jumps down on one of his toys just a screaming. He will then back up, give it one of those side looks and then bang he nails it again. You are right they are alot of fun to watch. I'm waiting for my Echo to do the same some day. Right now he just kindof watches.

Talk about attacking their toys. My caique will beat the heck out of his toys. He stands on the top of his perch on the top of his cage and then jumps down on one of his toys just a screaming. He will then back up, give it one of those side looks and then bang he nails it again. You are right they are alot of fun to watch. I'm waiting for my Echo to do the same some day. Right now he just kindof watches.

Bella gets so loud when she attacks her toys the dogs run out of the room! She lays on her back and beats them with her feet, biting, growling, and screeching - I think that would be enough to scare a whole pack of dogs away:laugh:

danmcq wrote:

LOL Nyscha - You really must get a video of that.!!

Infact, it's been at least a week or two since your last video. You know we love em. :-)

Oy - it is video time again isn't it :laugh: I'm sure I can capture her beating the petudies out of her toys, she does it every day :woohoo: When she gets into position, my grand daughter said "oh oh, she's getting ready to do her gymnastics, hold your ears!!!"

• 2 months later...