NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Please help.. possible Scam

Dubby

Hi all.

First Post.

I've been looking at getting a grey for some time now. So on my search for finding the right baby i came across someone selling fertile eggs for $50 each.

I asked about them and this is the email i got back.

Hi Don,

we got a variety of macaw eggs that have been candle lit

and tested to be fertile. We have the blue and gold macaw eggs, African

grey eggs

harlequin macaw, scarlet macaw, hyacinth macaw and blue throated macaw

eggs for sale. Also included are some african grey eggs, cockatoo eggs

and conure eggs. Please contact us for more of our availabilities and

prices. We ship in an octagon 20 incubator that carries a maximum of

30 eggs. We ship from 1-5 eggs for $200 and from 6-10 for $450 including the incubator. Our eggs are guaranteed and hatch rate is 1:1. We are ready for the provision of more infos upon request since they will be ship from cameroon

African Grey eggs which are incubated by the parents take 21 days from the laying of the second egg (they usually lay 3), if you are to use an incubater with one egg only the set temperature would be slightly different than with multiple eggs,it is not easy to incubate successfully as temperature and humidity have to be compatible and accurate as the egg needs to loose moisture at a set rate, your best bet is to buy a book called Parrot Incubation Procedures written buy Rick Jorden and read it thoughely. This is considered one of the best books on Parrot Incubation but For the large macaws (e.g., Buffon's, greenwing, and hyacinth), the incubation period is 24-28 days. Time from first external pip until the chick is free of the egg is usually 1-3 days. How ever, if you want me to send them to you before you pay me, please get back with your full shipping address of your home. full names, phone number and the nearest airport to your location.

Although it is a great way to inexpensively spread rare breeds around the country which in turn helps assure their survival, shipping live eggs does have it's risks.

Please be aware that with any live eggs, there are many factors that affect your hatch rate.

First there is fertility - I guarantee you will have that at the time they leave MY hands and i still hold ontil when they are deliver to you. i have so many peoplle that i have shipped eggs to them in USA. I hold eggs no longer than 3-4 days before shipping, so that they will arrive to you at or under the 7 day time frame recommended for holding hatching eggs without a decrease in hatchability.

Then there is how well they are packed - I will carefully snuggle each egg in a carton which is then securely packed inside another box. This box will be labeled to insure that the Post Office knows they are handling fragile, temperature sensitive hatching eggs.

Now, that is where our control is lefti will call them time to time to see that in any transit poit, the post agent take care of the eggs,

There is the impossibility that they will not get thrown around during loading and unloading. the sensitive waiting embryo can not be damaged. They can also subjected to a normal temperature . not too hot or too cold spells disaster. because Too hot, the embryo starts to grow or dies if temps are really high. Too cold and the embryo freezes. Hatching eggs are best held at a cool temperature of between 45-60 degrees. At these temps. the embryo is in a suspended development "holding" phase. They can safely take temps as low as 30 and as high as 80, but these aren't optimal. 100% guarantees though.

The last factor is your incubator. Whether you use a broody bird or an artificial means of incubating your eggs, things can always go right here. Now, with all that said, if the moons align, and the Gods are happy, you will end up with some beautiful healthy birds in about 21-28 days! i will be waiting to read from you.

end email

Ok i've since found out that cameroon is a scammers paridise. But the fact he will ship befor payment would make me feel much safer. But i'm still expecting him to ask for Western Union or bank details. Then i will laugh.

Does anyone have any info on buying eggs and hatching baby greys. Not that i'm getting my hopes up. and yes i have had feed a b&g macaw befor and feel i could handle raising babies from egg.

Thnx,

Dubs

It is a scam. Oh and don't call them.My phone bill for 3 minutes on the phone w/ them was $39.20.

He said for me to wire him 200.00 then when the birds arrived then pay him 600.00 for the pair. Yea I smelt scam on that. Stay local or even drive 3 hours tp get one

Hi Dubby, it was wise of you to post this question on a forum or Parrot owners.

The minute you see Cameroon, you know its a scam. Those folks have bilked many $$$$$ out of unsuspecting people thinking they are getting the deal of a life time.

If you wish, all here would be more than happy to put you on the path of finding a breeder or rescue near you. :-)

ok just got a reply email. i hope this guy doesn't thing i'm gonna send him a penny before eggs arrive.

heres his latest email.

Hello,

thanks for the mail ok. yes you will have to use the incubator untill the eggs get hatch before you return it to me.you will have to pay $450 for the shipping of 4 african grey eggs.when you get the eggs , immediately send me the money via western union.i will be sending the eggs to you today ok. immediately i book for the flight, i will send you a flight scheduled showing the arrival time and the departure time. it will be deliver at your home.i will be shipping them from cameroon. i will get back to you with the flight scheduled.

thanks.

end email.

ok so it was supposed to be 50 an egg and 200 for shipping. So if i got 4 eggs it should be $400 total. but the email says i can send payment as soon as i receive the eggs. Is they anyway to tell if they are grey eggs? i would hate to pay $400 and hatch out some chickens. I'm still weary that this is a total scam. but if he's willing to ship before payment puts my mind at ease. but he ain't getting one cent till i have hatch the eggs to make sure they are greys.

it is western union, but if i get product first. then i really don't see a problem. but i'm expecting he wants shipping money upfront. Uhh NO

any input?

still a scam??

thanx,

Dubby<br><br>Post edited by: Dubby, at: 2008/06/19 16:23

ok just got anouther email. looks like the eggs are shipped and arriving today??

Hello don,

i am just from the airport to book for the flight ok. this is the flight scheduled. i will be waiting to read from you when the eggs arrive.

FLIGHT SCHEDULED

FLIGHT NUMBER : AF897

Flight left from Douala (DLA) at 2:48 AM Thu, Jun 19, 08

Flight arrived in Paris (CDG) at 10:10 AM Thu, Jun 19, 08

Scheduled : DEPATURE

Douala (DLA) - Cameroon

2:00 AM on June 19,2008

ARRIVAL

Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France

terminal 2C

9:30 AM on June 19,2008

FLIGHT NUMBER AF8700

Flight left from Paris (CDG) at 11:48 AM Thu, Jun 19, 08

Scheduled arrival in Cincinnati (CVG) at 3:03 PM, Thu, Jun 19, 08

SCHEDULED DEPARTURE

Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France

terminal 2E

11:45 AM on June 19,2008

SCHEDULED ARRIVAL

Cincinnati, Nth Kentucky (CVG) OH - Usa

terminal 3

3:00 PM on June 19,2008

FLIGHT NUMBER AF8872 :

Scheduled departure from Cincinnati (CVG) at 4:40 PM, Thu, Jun 19, 08

Scheduled arrival in Pittsburgh (PIT) at 5:49 PM, Thu, Jun 19, 08

SCHEDULED DEPARTURE :

Cincinnati, Nth Kentucky (CVG) OH - Usa

terminal 3

4:40 PM on June 19,2008

SCHEDULED ARRIVAL

Pittsburgh (PIT) PA - Usa

5:49 PM on June 19,2008

AND WILL BE DELIVER AT YOUR HOME.

end email.

WTF. I'm going to receive them within 24hrs. He hasn't asked for any money yet.

Sounds too goo tho.

I'll let you know

thanx,

Dubs

I'll be very suprised if you receive anything thats hatchable I'm sure you will receive another email wanting money before those eggs arrive for some reason or another don't pay even 1 cent until those eggs hatch African greys and if they do You can give me his email address I'll take a macaw or 10 LoL

Chat_later_patricia-1.jpg

He Wrote: "yes you will have to use the incubator untill the eggs get hatch before you return it to me.you will have to pay $450 for the shipping of 4 african grey eggs"

I think he is stating he wants $450 upfront for the flight. Also, incubators are not normally battery powered and the temperature would not remain constant in it, unless it was.

You can check out what Grey eggs look like online.

The incubator question was something i asked about. He stated that it needed returned. Thats fine with me. but i wanted to use his incubator until they hatched instead of buying or building one.

I will candle the eggs upon arrival. Now i'm worried that they will be chicken eggs or something else. Anyway to identify it as a grey egg?

I've emailed him back and the $450 is for the eggs and shipping.

What do i do if i do actually receive eggs??

I still think its a scam.

But i would feel wrong not to pay if i receive them. But i'm worried there not greys or fertile.

what to do?

I know sit and wait for the package? lets see if they arrive.

I know if this is legit. I want 25 hyacinth macaw eggs. Hell they would be worth 10grand a piece in 7-8 months

Wow

Dubs

Why don't you just pick up the eggs, switch them with chicken eggs, tell him that you're not in the mood for KFC and then tell him to go screw himself? PS--put on a warrior's hat that has some feathers sticking out and tell him what your tribe will do to his wife and children.

Another email

the eggs will be arriving you at 5:49 PM on June 20,2008 . i will be waiting to read from you when the eggs arrive or you can call with my cell number 0027-97039664 or +237-97039664.

end email.

whats funny is that it is the same time they arrived in Pittsburgh today. exactly 24hours later to the minute.

and who is the shipper postal service wouldn't have a scheduled time so i'm guessing its ups or fedex.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanx,

Dubs

Look at this shit

Now they want $3800 for insurance....

I new it was coming

AIR FRANCE,

CHARLES DE GUALLE

FRENCH CUSOM.

AIR ANIMAL PET MOVERS SERVICES INTL

BRANCH (IRELAND)

http://www.travelearn.com/images/access_america_logo.jpg

MADAM ET MONEIEUR,

BONJOUR,

WE JUST WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR PARROT EGGS THAT TOOK TRANSIT AT OUR AIRPORT HAS BEEN HELD AT THE FRENCH AIRPORT BY THE FRENCH CUSTOM BECAUSE OF A REFUNDABLE INSURANCE OF $3800 USD WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO BE PAY AT THE INSURANCE COMPANY AT THE CAMEROON-DOUALA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. IN ACCORDANCE OF ARTICLE 6 OF THE MINISTRY OF LIVE STOCK,EMPOUNDED IN 2006, THIS INSURNACE COVER THE SECURITY OF THE EGGS BECAUSE OF THEIR PERISHABILITY AND WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU ON DELIVERY OF THE PARROT EGGS AT YOUR HOME. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DECISION, THE EGGS WILL BE QUARANTINE FOR TWO WEEKS FOLLOWING LAW 02/67/09/56 OF THE FRENCH CUSTOM AND PREFERABLE HATCH AT OUR AIRPORT. PLEASE USE THE ADDRESS BELOW TO MAKE THE PAYMENTS.

WESTERN NUNION.

COUNTRY...........................CAMEROON.

CODE.................................00237.

CITY...................................DOUALA..

AMOUNT.............................$3800.

NAMES................................MR. JUDE AMBE NDONWI.

TEST QUESTION...................WHO.

ANSWER...............................JUDE.

COPY THE ADDRESS AND MOVE TO THE CLOSEST WESTERN UNION STORE AND DO THE PAYMENT. WHEN YOU MAKE THE PAYMENTS, PLEASE GET BACK WITH THE DETAILS OF PAYMENTS SUCH AS THE MTCN(MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER AND OTHER DETAILS SUCH AS THE SENDER FULL NAMES TO THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENTS AT THE CAMEROON- DOUALA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VIA (petdor@keromail.com) WE WILL ONLY PROCEED WITH THE SHIPPING TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS

This is a scam...like it was said as soon as Cameroon was mentioned I knew it. If he really did send eggs they would not make it through customs.

""CITES Species

Under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of

Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), more than 120 nations are now regulating

international trade to prevent the decline of species threatened (listed

in Appendix I of Cites) or potentially threatened (listed in Appendix

II) with extinction. Trade, which is defined as import, export, or

re-export, of a long list of such threatened animal and plant species,

is either virtually prohibited (Appendix I species) or restricted

(Appendix II or III species).

International shipment of these species (and products made from them)

requires an import or export permit, or both, issued in advance by the

official management authorities of the countries involved. Permits are

issued after findings by scientific authorities that the trade won't be

detrimental to the survival of the species in question."""

Concidering they are offering Blue throwted macaws...there are only 100 left in the wild...that right there tells you that there is no way they have permits. Plus, permits are issued to Zoos and breeding programs that will re-introduce the animals to the wild or further the bloodlines in captivity.

Also, the city in which the eggs would arrive is not a port in which animals can be imported to...here is the list of cities in which animals can come into.

New York, NY

Los Angeles, CA

Miami, FL

New Orleans, LA

Chicago, IL

Seattle, WA

San Francisco, CA

Honolulu, HI

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Portland, OR

Baltimore, MD

Boston, MA<br><br>Post edited by: BMustee, at: 2008/06/20 04:56

As said in the beggining, anything from Cameroon is a scam.

Now he wants you to send him "MR. JUDE AMBE NDONWI" 3800..... whats scary, is some people fall for this. B)

Keep your money and just go buy a parrot locally. ;)