NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

trembling

madisimmons

Hi, I was on here earlier today and I saw where someone said their grey was trembling and something else was wrong. I don't know which post it is now but I have a question.

Sammie trembles, I thought it was because she was nervous but now i'm worried.

What kind of disease do they have when they tremble? I hope I dont sound like a hypochondriac, lol.. ;)

Hi, I saw that too and my grey trembles, but I thought like you that he was nervous. We have only had him a week and he is not used to everyone in the family yet. Will be watching to see what everyone has to say. Mine does not do it all of the time - does yours?

Parrots will tremble their feathers for a number of reasons. Chilly, happy, nervous...the key to knowing what the reason for it is to read the rest of the body language. If your grey is acting sleepy and beak grinding with a little feather tremble, then he's content. If he is backed as far away from the action and seems on edge then it is nerves. All parrots do it and it's more likely to be from "emotions" than illness.

Kim ,

I have read like the previous post it can be from being nervous , fearful , anxious or after a bath , this is how they dry the feathers . In the wild they need to be dry quickly so they can fly to get away from preditors.I wouldnt worry , both of mine do it especially after bathing .If it continues and they don't eat , then I would discuss it with the A vet.

Mary

my Tyco trenbles sometimes too when she is nervous or excited or just because don;t worry its the way they are. if they are showing other signs of illness while trembling thats when to start worrying but if but if they are healthy in every other way then its normal behavour

Animation1.gif

Guest Skuffy

If you mean,,trembling there chest feathers are kinda fluttering,,Its away for them to release heat from thre bodys,,,lol,,Looks like there trembling but infact there just a little hot under the feathers,,Aslong as he/she is stood on 1 talon preening theres nothing to worry about..Trembling is naturalB) So my Vet says!!

Post edited by: Skuffy, at: 2008/05/28 14:27<br><br>Post edited by: Skuffy, at: 2008/05/28 16:27

Guest Skuffy

You will also hear s chunnering sound from the beak,,,sign of contentment..stood on 1 foot,,and chunnering,,means your Birdie is very happy...Its a great sound to hear aswell :woohoo:

Guest Skuffy

I had my senagal for 5yrs,,so most of the signs are the same..Ive only had Max 3mth,,but feels like ive had him forever...Your Birdie sounds like he/she is loving its new home..xxx....My Max is 8yr,Male Grey,lol...a very cheeky boy aswell....Let us know how your getting on.

Skuffy wrote:

You will also hear s chunnering sound from the beak,,,sign of contentment..stood on 1 foot,,and chunnering,,means your Birdie is very happy...Its a great sound to hear aswell :woohoo:

That's a new word for me 'chunnering'.. I need audio, lol..