NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Scam?

tumtatty

Hi Everyone,

I"m (hopefully) going to be a new Grey owner soon. I am looking at a local pet shop right now, but i came across an add for 2 10 mos Greys for $500 from a fellow who claims he has just had to move to Cameroon and needs to be rid of his birds.

The price seems too good to be true, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has come across this guy before "Jason Kim."

He has placed ads around the country using the reply email addres: mycute_parrots.

I asked him about this and he said he did this because he needed to be rid of the birds asap.

I'd hate to pass up a great opportunity if it's legit, but my gut says to be careful.

Any input?

Thanks!

If the guy already is in Cammaroon and has now decided to sell the birds, it's a scam simply because importation into the US is against the law since 1992. If the man is in the US right now and so are the birds, you might check out what's going on but be ultra careful. If any money is asked for before the birds can be seen, walk away. Only purchase the birds if you have a complete visual description. If the person says that he will take a down payment, walk away because he might be already in the process of moving away.

If you're interested in greys, go to a legitimate breeder or a high quality pet store and pay the going price because that price will include guarantees, returns, the option of taking the bird to a vet and certificate of ownership.

I had that same scam.He even gave me his phone number, We talked, said he had papers to ship it.The proof is on the website though. NO IMPOTING FOM CAMMAROON and other countries. As I was told.If It's Sounds To Good Be True Then It's Not.

From all of my research I've done, it is never too late to bond with a parrot. It will probably take more time to bond with an older parrot than a baby of course but well worth it. Remember, a 15 year old Grey is still pretty young. Also, you don't have to wait around for it to start talking and doing fun things! :P You should meet the parrot and see what you think. Keep in mind that he may not take to you right away... see if there is a way for you to spend some time with him and get to know him.

Melisa is right, it is never too late to bond with a grey, it may just take longer so you have to be very patient and not expect too much too soon.

I assume you must have one in mind since you are asking but go visit the bird and see how things go, you will soon know if that is the right choice for you.:)