NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A few thoughts on MBS/Multiple Birds Syndrom

Tari

wow!! great reflections-- for me especially- who loves my grey so much that I want another bird-- should I get one-NO-- four young children- a job-- a mom with alzheimers--- i NEED another bird _NO! BUT OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want MORE!

• 1 year later...

I currently have 6 birds , a few of them wasn't planned I just couldn't say no , our recent bird is our Sunconure and he was given to us by a neighbor that was moveing and did not want to take him with her and I'am so glad she didn't I just totally adore him , his name is Echo and he is a mommys bird lol Opey was also a rehome and we love him alot , actually the only birds we did plan on getting was Rudy, Cody , Squiggy and Blueberry

I work parttime afternoon shift and hubby works days so they are only locked up in their cages for a few hours before hubby gets home , they have plenty of out of cage time , they eat very good and they all get lots of indivual attention but I'am definitly at my limit so no more birds for us, and yes my birds do get seen by a Avian vet for check ups and what ever else they need ,we just had Echo to the vet for his check up and blood work and he did very good he is very healthy also I took Blueberry and no problems their either , all their tests came back good

I see that MBS is real, and I am aware now of the pitfalls. Im glad my fellow flock member pointed this out to me. I thought it was a joke at first, but Im trying to read the forum as much as I can and came across this thread.

I have three (a lovie, a Grey and an Amazon) and I think that's all I can handle - space-wise, time-wise, and financially. But I have this crazy urge for a male ekkie, and I'm a sucker for a sad story. So I can't say for sure I'll never get another.

• 7 months later...

I can relate! We had our rescued Sunconure, that fell in love with my son, when he was nine years old. He was at a rescue home, ( my babysitter!) He would fly out and attack people's jugular. I was encouraged to take this bird, as noone else would. We took him in, but everyone needed to understand, I would set the rules, and Sunny needed to follow them. He did! ( I wasn't looking for a world of birds!) We took in Kiki our Amazon, a baby, as well as Sophie,a Grey, at age two. I also had two dogs, as well as several guinea pigs. No way, could we EVER go beyond what we have.We are at our limit, so that everyone can be the best they can be. Nancy