NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We had such a good day!!!!

HeatherStrella

Harrison was especially sweet today...I don't know why, but hey, I'm not complaining. She was very playful, silly, talkative, and she was cuddly too. I just wanted to gobble her up...couldn't do that so I snapped some photos. lol. We hung one of her spare swings above her stand in the living room and she was having a ball...today is like the 3rd or 4th day the swing has been up. I know it needs to be trimmed...and cleaned. The photos would be better if the swing looked better but oh well. And...I FINALLy got some photos of her flying...these are the first ever photos of her flying. She's a super pilot. :)

aafly7.jpg

aafly6.jpg

aafly5.jpg

aafly4.jpg

aafly3.jpg

aafly2.jpg

aafly.jpg

aafly1.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the photos :)

Heather, what nice pics! I see your swing is suspended from the ceiling, that's so cool. Does Harrison like the play gym? Could I ask where you purchased that? I'm looking around for one, and I'm not too sure what to get. Thanks again for sharing the great pics! Sounds like you and Harrison had a really fun day!

Fairymyst, thanks for the link! I wonder if the Parrot Tower Tabletop Java Green Amazon would be good and sturdy? It looks small in the picture, but it actually measures 21 inches in height. Hmmmm, I may consider that one. Is anyone using this particular one?

Thanks again Fairymyst!

I ordered it from Doctors Foster and Smith...it came in pieces and my hubby put it together...it was really easy, I could have done it. Here's a link to a page of different ones...they're having a big sale, looks like. Good luck!!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pet_supplies.cfm?c=5059+5107

This one looks like it would be just as good as the one I have except you'd have to put it on a table. Harrison rarely uses the whole stand...she does every once in a while, but she would have been just as happy with this one, I think.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=5059+5107+14389&pcatid=14389

NOTHING could be more wonderful than great pictures of Grey's. You have hit a home run with these ones. Thank you Heather, for a good feeling I'm having today, from your splendid knack of camera work.

{Feel-good-000200BB}

Judy and Heather, thanks for letting me know about the play stands.

Judy, thanks for letting me know that the Parrot Tower is sturdy. It looks like it's a pretty decent price for it too!

I'm going to look again and then make a decision. Do you both put newspaper in the bottom of the play stand? I'm sure that makes for easy cleaning.

Boy, when Obi flaps her wings, boy, everything flies - lol - hold onto your hats, for sure, when she's flapping! LOL I didn't realize how powerful those CAG wings are.

Again, thanks for answering, it's helped make my decision easier on what to order, especially since you both have what looks like two nice ones!

Harrison's stand is very sturdy..I do use newspaper for the bottom and it does clean up easily. It all comes apart for easy cleaning too. Harrison can ruin a perfectly good hair day with one flap of her wings (lol) so I know what you mean...on her stand, though, the bottom part is far enough away that it doesn't cause the papers to fly all over the place.

Johnny, thanks for the wonderful compliment :)

Guest Rheashard0919

:woohoo:Those Are Great Pics!!! Harrison obviously isn't afraid of a camera. My first gray I named Paco. Then at 4 1/2yrs I had DNA testing done. That morning just before the vet called to say he was male. I came home from work (graveyard shift). I said "Good Morning..whats your name?" The strong resonate reply..Richard. No one in my circle was named Richard. I knew no one even at work who was named Richard. It wasn't Richie, or Rich. It was simply Richard. I never found out WHO Richard was. So may be Harrison will be content or may she will change her name? Who knows with a CAG? By the way....I was named Bird. Any attempt to change or persuade otherwise met with snubbing, ignoring, feather ruffles until I acknowledged my 'name'. Then kisses galore came my way.

judygram wrote:

Falconeer, Heather is a professional photographer so it is no wonder her pics are so wonderful looking and that Harrison is a good sport about it too.:P

Thanks, Judy, but I'm no pro. I just take loads and loads of photos and pick out the best. You should see my computer...it's full of bad photos. Thanks for the compliment anyway