NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby's first vet checkup

Char

My baby had his first check-up today and she said he looked wonderful! We did the DNA and next week we will know if it is really Simon or Simone.:) The vet thinks it is a boy. I think it is a girl. We will see who is right next week.;)

Thanks guys for your interest. I got a note from the vet today that said the lab work will be back in a few days but that the DNA could take up to 30 days.:unsure: The vet said that the reason she thinks he is a male is because of red around his you know thing? And also because his tail feathers are such a vivid red.

I am going to get some pics up this weekend. Things have just been so hectic the last few days.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have a few minutes to post an update. It turns out that Simon is indeed a girl. I knew it all along.:laugh: We did not care for the name Simone so her new name is now "Whisper".

She is now 5 months old and we are getting to know each other. She loves to be near us and puts her head down for scratches. She has learned many different whistles and copies some of the bird sounds she hears outside. Also mimics the squeeking of the door.

She seems very well socialized and nothing seems to bother her too much. We have exposed her to lots of different people and noises. I make her toys myself and it is such a great feeling to come home and find she has destroyed the toys and stuff in her cage. I then have to start over again.:laugh:

She does require a lot of attention and keeps us very busy but we enjoy it.