NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bringing our baby home this weekend

Resi

My wife and I will be bringing baby Max home this weekend. We are very happy and excited about our new family member. I have found alot of great info on this site over the last week or 2 but I have a question I havn't seen answered. What is an appropriate room temperture for Max's room? My wife and I like to keep the house colder than average but we want our grey to be comfortable.

Thanks,

Resi

Hi Resi,

If Max is currently being reared in a warmer enviroment than you have at your home, then it is advisable to provide a adequate temperature for him to start with, this need not be extreme heat.Greys are good at adapting to the environment around them, be sure to locate his cage away from any drafts.how is the climate where you live ?

Here are a few useful threads that will give you some advice with Max..

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/the-nursery/72855-bringing-home-your-baby-grey.html

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/the-nursery/73094-socializing-your-baby-grey.html

We have a Welcome room, please pop in & introduce yourself :)

We live in Oklahoma it dosn't get real cold usually +/- 10 degrees of freezing and our summers are very hot and humid. And yes I want to wait for some time both my wife and I can introduce ourselves on your welcome forum.

Not to sound like I am a know all person, but I can only speak for myself. When bringing home Monster from his warm surrounding, I raised my heat to the warmth he was brought up around, then within a week he was fine with the cooler surroundings of my home.