cobimoore

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahahaha Berna :-)

Yes, Judy has had to take a lot of heckling from me to get those hard earned Karma B) ;)

Talon, I keep each one you accidentally let out in my "BlackBook" ;-) :-)

If everyone searches and reads through every thread on this forum, you will find them....good luck in your search. We could make this a contest :-)

Though this one is abviously a scam, remeber you CAN get a free bird off the internet! Just have to tread carefully, I got Pocco free off Craigslist....I was nervous right up until he got home though. I didnt even ride with shane to go get him because I was so sure it was a scam. It wasnt though and thank god for that! But be very careful and NEVER send money for shipping a free bird from over seas! Pocco was in MN and we just had to pick him up there.

Yeah, there are a lot of free birds out there, but use common sense and don't ever send money. Plus, with older birds you would want to meet them first so try to find birds that are local.

Judy, you know I'm just busting your chops!B) :kiss:

• 3 months later...

I saw an ad in a local free ad magazine here for an African Grey for €200. Considering they usually sell at €1200 I emailed and asked why the bird was so cheap. Here is the reply!

Does it sound familiar?

hi,

Thanks for your mail regarding my bird....she is still available to any one prepared to provide two parrots with enough care and love,where sthey will be well spoilt with all their need.....they are2 years and 8 months old and has very good temperament with kids and other pets,very playful love to play around with toys and kids,they are well health guaranteed and DNA tested....they are up to date on all htheir shots and will be coming along side health papers and vet records.She also speaks English and is a very intelligent and highly social bird......,i work with a global,broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health.Jenner died in an accident last 3 weeks on her way back from her piano classes and i have very bad memories when i see these bird around me,because she was always together with her since i am always busy in the laboratory.i really need to give them to someone who can really care and love them ju..I am located in Cameroon and i am only asking 500 euros the two parrots to ship to you.....Please may i also ask you a few questions?

where are you located?

are you a breeder?

do you have kids?

Can you also promise that you will take good care of her?

How soon are you ready to have her home?

At least with this informations,i will get to know better where they will be going to.......See pictures below.i just hope you will love them.....I will also like you to promise me that you will always send their pictures to me monthly so that i can see how they are doing in your home......Below is an attachment of her most recent pictures for you to see.i will be waiting for your mail asap.0023774846317

thanks and God bless.

OK i am well please right now when i get that she will be well taken care off.Cameroon is my country and so this is how i will be shipping them but i will first of all like you to get back to me with the following informations so that it can ease the shipping process so that when there arrives in your airport you should quickly

identify her and take her home ok.

your first and second name-------------------------?

your state-----------------------------------------?

your city------------------------------------------?

your house address---------------------------------?

your phone number----------------------------------?

your preferable airport and i will think the closest one to you will be just the best since you will need not to go far to pick her up or them arrives why

you are still on your way to the airport and she will be there all alone.------------------?

So as for shipping of them,it will go like this,these informations will be pasted in blue ink on the front part of her cage since she will be coming in a

cage.Then when i am done with the shipping of her i will have to get back to you with the flight control number,time of departure and arrival and all the flight details.

The informations on the front part of the crate will serve as a quick indicator and a partern of which only you and i knows .This is to make sure that,as soon as

they gets into your airport you will immediately identify that this is Nina and take her home.Then the flight details and tracking number that i will

give you ,is to track her as soon as they arrives ,

thanks waiting to get from you<br><br>Post edited by: siobha9, at: 2008/07/04 14:17

Hi,

I would like some additional information about your Grey. I am interested in buy it. But first you have to give me:

your first name

last name

your address

your city you live

your a state

your zipping code

you date of birth

your home phone number

your checking account number where I can deposit the shipping cost.

My Dad is a minister that had to go oversea and he would love to come back to see beautiful Grey. It is so nise to find a nice people like a you. If could a just send a the information a to me right a away we can expedite a the sale. I am waiting so very much a response. Thank a you. :evil:

WARNING: O.K. I have to share this because it's tide up to this type of scam. Yesterday my friend got a phone call which the person on the other end said that she was calling from something Relay and that if she was familiar with it. My friend said yes. The lady said that Jim was calling about her puppies. This so called Jim asked if she still had the puppies. My friend said Yes. He asked what sex they were. She said she had both female and male black in color. He asked if she could e-mail some pictures to him as he was interested in buying one. He gave her his e-mail address which comes from a gmail.com anyway, my friend asked if he wanted a female or a male and he said a male and that was the conversation. My friend took pictures of the puppy and e-mail them to him. This is what his response was:

Thanks for your response.it was due to my hearing impaired that lead to the Email .Am okay with the condition of the pups and Concerning the payment i can only send you CHEQUE (Money Order) and i would need the following details for the cheque to get you fast..Here is the information needed for the cheque to get you soon..

Your Full Name....

Your Contact Address..

Your Phone Number..

last price....

Pls get back to me with the information so that the cheque can be sent out to you as soon as possible...Concerning the shipping of one pups,my shipping company that will come for the pick up at your location don't worry about the shipment i will take care of that and the CHEQUE (Money Order) will be overdraft after you received the cheque you DEDUCT THE MONEY THAT ACQUIRE TO YOU AND will help me to send the remaining balance to my shipping company through western union outlet for the pick up of the for the pick up of the one pup at your location ,Looking forward to hear from you ..

n.b== i will give you extra $100 to reserve.. i want you if you can help me callimgthe black puppie smokey she is my wife name she answer the call of god last years if you do this for me as favor i would love that so i want the family pet

Thanks

Jim Philips

I just wanted to warn others that not only are they e-mailing but they are calling people. My friend asked him where he got her number and he said from a newspaper ad about the puppies.

So, I guess I am a little slow on reading this topic....but.. OH. MY. GOD!! I can't believe some people would do this, grr, I just want to choke them!

Maybe a strongly worded email would be more socially accepted though...

I'm glad you kept the post up!

{Emotions-00020060}

• 1 month later...

Boy oh boy...How dumb do I feel???? VERY!!! I couldn`t answer the posting quick enough! I would love to have a grey, and seeing that posting...if it looks like a duck, and everyone knows the rest. I`m a newbie as everyone has guessed. I`ll try my best not to be so desperate. And I promise to read what all of you more seasoned grey family members write first. Thank you all!

Sincerely,

yaya