NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!! What sex is Elmo?

BMustee

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing as we thought Talon was a MALE for a year and a half, we found out he was a SHE!!! IT sure took a while for us to adapt to that change after calling him a he!! :pinch:

I hope you don't have to experience that! And HELLO............We're all here waiting.........hurry up and post the results!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know, I know...I'm LATE!

One girl was out sick and another had to be at the hospital with her mom so we all had to double up the work. We didn't even close the store till 9 because there were still a bunch of people buying dogs...why the bird department had to wait is beyond me.

There are just more males born for some reason. I have noticed this with finches too. I would say about 75% of my babies are male. Thats about the same as the results of the DNA tests that we do at work...most of the birds we test are male.

You would think...I thought that maybe there are more males born because A) Males leave the family flock to find a new one and would be picked off by preditors more. B) Male finches are brighty colored making them easier to be picked off my preditors. Just what I was thinking...I should start looking into this and see if I'm onto something.