NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Guess what i got today ????

lovemyGreys

Well as my name suggests i do lovemygreys ;) & today i became proud mum/mom to Kaiti. I always wanted a TAG & i have homed Kaiti from a lovely guy named Joel who lived not to far from me in Sussex UK. After a long conversation on the phone i was fortunate that Joel liked me & my passion for my birds & decided i was the right person for Kaiti.She is 3 years old & she is adorable, it was love at first sight.She is sitting on my shoulder as i type :) Joel hopefully is going to join the forum.

Here is a picture of Kaiti, i will get some more for you ;)

kaiti.jpg

Tari wrote:

Gratz. Why did he give her up? And he is coming to the forum cause he still has oher greys?

Tari for genuine personal reasons id rather not go in to, & for the love & welfare of his bird, He is the most caring guy i have had the pleasure to meet.He would like to join not because he has other greys but has a genuine passion for them.

That's fantastic Tracy! And to be able to rehome one from someone who was really taking good care of her is a bonus! I hope he does join the forum. I know I "hovered" around bird forums for a few years before I even owned one. Actually, I think I was on them more then because I had the time!

She's adorable.

Congrats LMG. I am sure you guys are going to spend many happy years together. Please could you (or anyone for that matter) let me know what the difference between a CAG and a TAG is - other than the obvious physical characteristics. I'm new to the forum but you said here that you have always wanted a TAG - why is that? Pure curiosity.

Hi Marlene, i have 4 CAG's but was always drawn towards a TAG, my friend has a TAG & i thought she was adorable, I think the TAG is really under rated.Apart from the main physical differences many people believe that the TAG is more a family bird,less likely to bond with one person but all greys need a lot of socializing skills,they are laid back and thought to be less prone to behavior problems.

lovemyGreys wrote:

Hi Marlene, i have 4 CAG's but was always drawn towards a TAG, my friend has a TAG & i thought she was adorable, I think the TAG is really under rated.Apart from the main physical differences many people believe that the TAG is more a family bird,less likely to bond with one person but all greys need a lot of socializing skills,they are laid back and thought to be less prone to behavior problems.

My Nikko fits that description pretty well. She is definitely a family bird. The more people that are around, the better she likes it. She also loves it when I take her places, because she gets made over a lot. There's a lady at the dog park that whistles at her. Whenever we go to the park now, Nikko starts whistling like that lady does. Also, when the dogs go nuts and all start barking at once, Nikko barks along with them :P.

Nikko doesn't really have any behavioral problems either, with the exception that she likes to give me a good nip when she doesn't get her way. I'm the only one she bites though, and we haven't quite figured out why. She'll either reach down and nip my thumb, or reach over and pinch the skin on the back of my hand. Thankfully, it's nothing she does regularly, but I'd still like to figure out why she does it and put a stop to it.

Acappella wrote:

Beautiful pictures. Congrats on the new member of the family. It's so nice to hear of a parrot being re-homed that was well cared for. Will her former dad be able to visit her? I don't know, would that confuse her bonding with you?

I have said that her former owner is more than welcome to visit her,we are keeping in touch via good old e-mail,will it confuse her bonding with me ? im not sure she is very well socialized & my aim as with my other greys is that she will live in the bird room & have the best of both worlds, others of her kind & human interaction .