NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Nameless

christoph29

Well, I for the life of me can not figure out a name for my new CAG. It was suggested that I should name him Harley II (the 2nd). Harley was the name of my TAG that passed away. One of my friends suggested Semmie. If he happens to bite me on the ear I would have to name him Tyson :) I kind of wanted to give him a Swahili name. If he was a female I was going to name him Akila. It means wise. He turned out to be a male from the dna test. I guess I will just have to be patient and see what his personality gives me for a name. Just don't like having a nameless pet.

Christoph

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

I got my CAG at 6 weeks old and I didn't come up with a name till he was 9 months...so your not alone on the problem of naming. I named mine Elmo because when he really gets into "play mode" I can flip him on his back and he acts like a Tickle me Elmo doll.

I say let the right name come to you, after all you and your grey could be stuck with it for 50 years. :laugh:

(thats how I justified taking so long LOL)

Before I met Bella, I was going to name her Tashi (in Buhtanese it means "happy" and can be used for males and females). I thought it would go well with Jigme, my conure. Jigme is a Tibetan name. However, when I met Bella, I was so struck by her beauty, her name popped into my head and the only thing I could think of was Bella - Latin for Beauty.

So, maybe some name will just come naturally to you and you'll say - "that's it"?

Aw, what a cute birdie!

I like the name Akila, even if it's a boy. Personally, I wouldn't know whether that's a girl's or boy's name. Klaus (my bird) is named after Klaus Baudelaire from "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket.

I also kind of like regular guy names for pets. Like "Jim" or "Bob."

Anyway, good luck! Thanks for sharing pictures...

HilaryQ wrote:

We thought about Django for our new baby (we decided on Atticus instead) .. like the jazz musician Django Rienhart? It's pronounced "Jeng-go".... I thought it was cute, anyway.

That's funny, because Jengo is a Swahili name that I like.

It took me at least 6 months to name my conure. Poor guy was known as Bird all that time.

christoph29 wrote:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I am still stuck on Akila. I also liked albus, kamili, and safi.

It'll come to me one day.

Thanks again,

Christoph

Safi is nice - it means OK in Darija (the language spoken by Moroccans in Morocco) B)