NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

To save some eardrums

Acappella

Hi. Sorry I've been absent so long. Computer crashed and burned right before the holidays and I've just gotten it back. Missed reading the posts here!

The reason for this post is a McCain's commercial for their new slow cooker meal kits. If you and your baby watch TV together be fast with the mute button if you see this ad:

Mother comes home & walks by teen daughter on phone with friend. Daughter say "hi, call me when dinner's ready." Mother walks out of room, walks right back in through other door and says "dinner's ready" Daughter screams! You must hit mute before the scream. Dorian saw this once and picked it as his new favourite sound!

My only hope is that he cycles through new sounds pretty fast if he doesn't get any big reaction.

Oh my the sounds they pick up, and yes they pick the most obnoxious ones at that. Your only hope is he tires of it fast and be sure to ignore it when he does say it for if you give some kind of reaction he may keep it up for the entertainment it provides him. LOL

Sorry about the crash and burn, it happens but glad you are back now and ready for posting.:P

Well, Dayo just said his first word very clearly today and in My voice ((((beaming)))) it was "Hello". So atleast it wasn't something movie related, as I was starting to worry about after Acappellas experience. :-)

He mumbles several sentences and words while he is "Calibrating" them and we believe we know what he is saying, but are waiting for the day when we hear the "Final" product before we claim he is saying something like the entire theory of relativity ;-)

LOL - You all - Yes, now the fun and WORRIES begin of what I MAY have uttered from time to time. Then of course there are my evil gran children. We caught one the other day telling Dayo "Austin is a Brat.....Austin is a Brat" :blink:

That's all I need is to have guests hear something "I" never said.....could be very embarrassing, to say the least. I guess the saving grace though, is they imitate the persons voice they learned it from :woohoo: :silly: :P

Congrats on Dayo's first word. It's so exciting when your grey says something you know for sure he learned from you. Makes the bond between you even stronger. Can't wait to hear what he choses to say next!

Dorian also just started saying hello in my voice this week. He's still 'rehearsing' my cat, Jac's, meow. Right now it sounds more like someone strangling a cat! lol

One day I left the house for 5 hours and put the

TV on an "Andy of Mayberry" marathon. When I got home she could whistle the whole theme song. Now it's her favorite song and now my least favorite.

Bruce & Mazy<br><br>Post edited by: MazyAK, at: 2008/01/16 09:47

LOL - Acappella, Mazy and Toni, these guys are certainly characters aren't they?

I have a sound recording of the entire Mayberry whistle song. I have played it over and over for the last 2 weekends. So far, Dayo puts in three or four notes of it while doing his " whistle grumble, click, clock and noise effect I know" half hour concerto. :-)

I'm sure your Greys all do the same at different times of the day. :-) It's entertaining to say the least. Sometimes, I just can't help but laugh at the experimental combinations. :woohoo:

I put my voice recording mp3 player in a niche above Dorian's cage one day when he was really on a roll 'cause nobody believes me when I try to describe exactly how vocal he gets. It's sooo hilarious, I'm thinking of taking all the various versions of 'hello' that he said and making it my new answering machine message. OMG, :ohmy: I'm becoming one of those annoying people who put their todler's talking on their voice mail lol!