NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Price

Abdullah

• 3 weeks later...

we gave 800 for sam and it was well worth it. i would have given more if asked because the experience we had with the breeder was excellent and our tag turned out so good. that price also included his cage, travel cage and dna sexing along with some formula and food.<br><br>Post edited by: OHSNAP!, at: 2008/03/07 05:40

The Breeders in Metro Atlanta charge around 800-900 for TAGs and 850-1000 for CAGs. I got Greyce at what I was told 18 months for $400, I basically stole her, but I was her third home as well ;) But, the lady really wanted to find her a good home and was more comfortable placing her with me than anyone else that had showed interest. I worked her down from $650.

My mom got her grey for $650 he was a re-home grey/older bird and had mild problems(still does we haven't had him that long.) he pick's his feather, and nips but we know it's only becouse he's depressed. you Chad( that the grey) lost his owner to a heartattack and that was the only reason he was bring re-home. But other than that he a great bird, and is even picking up new words. Like the other day he started saying "Hey, Ryry stop that." Ryry which is a nickname for Riley; my niece,(she 3) who love getting into think and we're always telling her to stop. But it was too funny to hear from a bird. :laugh:

I bought Finnigan for $500 from a breeder in Sarasota, but I found her at a bird show here in Tampa. Sounds like I got a good deal. She is TAG though, so less expensive than a CAG. But she was with a few other clutch mates when I saw her and she ran right to me. I picked up her loved on her a minute. Put her back, walked away, hemmed and hawed, walked back, she ran back to me, I said sold and she came home with me that day. I had been looking for well over a year, but just hadn't found "the one", and there she was, I would have paid $1,000 and still believed I got a deal, for I got the best bird in the world.:)

I concur with Shameless. We got Goofball at the show here just north of Atlanta...paid $850 (CAG) and with tax, etc was right at $900. The kicker here is that (and I must pass on this advice) is if you do get your bird at a show, take it to a vet for a complete physical especially blood work as they could be carrying any number of deseases, etc. That was an additional $300 and did not include sexing which was $65 at our now current vet. We "found" Lucy ironically enough on craigslist in Jacksonville the day before we were going there for daughters b-day. We also "stole" her for $500 with one big A$$ cage included. She's a great bird too

Also from SA. I got Gus for R1800. Which is also really cheap in dolars. The price here dropped dramatically a few years back. Apparently this was due to the fact that we had some ostiches die from some horrible bird desease some years back and as a result we have not been allowed to export birds for a while. Gus was 7 weekks old when I got him and he's now 5 months old.