NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Always begging

Sibby

Hi I am new to this site and have only had my grey for two and 1/2 weeks. We also have an 8month old Sun Conure. I have a question. We feed the Timneh with a parrot spoon parrot baby food in the morning and evening and she gets dry food and vegies in her cage. When ever I hold her even after she has just eaten alot of baby food she constantley makes these little chirping sound. They seem to me to be a kind of begging and as long as I am holding her she never stops. No matter if I am cuddling her next to my chest or holding her on my finger. The only time she is quite or making word sounds is when she is in her cage. Do you have any advise.

Sibby

Hello and welcome to the family, Sibby, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey. I also have a sun conure, a true little clown for sure.

Babies will beg for more food even though they are full, I believe the chirping sounds will lessen as she gets older but being young she is wanting the comfort of the feedings.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any specific questions you may have. We will do our best to get an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of your baby you would like to share with us we would love to see it. BTW, what is the name of your grey?

She is 16 weeks old and was supposed to be weaned to one evening feeding. I have read that when they are in a new environment they can regress so I started giving her a morning feeding as well. She only makes those noises when she sees some is in the room. Otherwise she is very quite or only makes regular vocalizations.

Welcome Sibby!!

The behaviour you are describing is perfectly normal for a 16 week old Grey. They love to continue getting spoon fed for a while and make their little baby chirps and pants.

There's no advice to give except enjoy those moments. They will not last much longer. :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/12/31 22:49