NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I dont understand why

KevinD

I dont get it, this place is is like Linus in Charlie Brown, a comfort blanket.

Like so many places I host is a ghost town.

The way of the private fourms is done.

Everything has gone to facebook or instagram.

Ecuse my french, but these places are  gone, everywhere.

I refuse to give them up, my wife bitches at me all the time, why not give in to facebook and instagram and the like.

I say because ill be the last man standing, and I will keep a platform for old folks like me that appreciates this platform.

This is one of 50 I buck facebook, twiter an instagram.

You have the pleasure of being the part of the old mom and pop vhs store.

Dont take it for granted, we are few and far between. I will continue, please dont give any reason for folks to go elsewhere,

This is a weath of knowledge.

Anyways just saying, maybe you can contribute more, a thought or a story.......anything :)

Use it like a personal diary, i dont know, I dont have all the answers.

But when i go for the big dirt nap, there wont be anyone to advocate this kind of communnication.

Dont take for grated what you have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I much prefer this place to facebook groups or whatever else. I do have a twitter account for Alfie but it's more just for fun and showing his antics rather than seeking serious help/advice.

Facebook groups are hard to keep up with and generally there are always some grumpy/mean people who judge quickly and are less than helpful. I don't post in the groups I'm a member of, I just keep half an eye out in case I see something useful or interesting.

This forum holds a wealth of knowledge from many people who have dedicated to posting time throughout the years. I have learned so much from this place and I am forever grateful for it's existence and for those who keep it running.

I check in regularly but unfortunately don't always have much to say!

• Like 3

I'm very thankful for this forum and the people here. I've learned a lot and appreciate the sense of "community" sans politics etc. here. I'm in a couple of facebook groups, but as neoow said, they move too fast, are filled with some very critical and unhelpful people, and don't have a "personal" feel at all.

• Like 2

The facebook groups are too big and too full of drama, although I do remember when there was a bit of drama here too.    I only frequent them looking for cute videos.   There was one I found the other day of a Grey singing to some childrens song and his singing was absolutely terrible, it was so stinking cute I couldnt' stop watching it.    But this place is always my favorite.

• Like 3

Like many, I like checking in here.  I don't really have much to post.  Most anything I can think of (stories, knowledge) have already been posted.  I like having the forum here for searches though -- a place people can search for answers.  I am one of those people more likely to search for existing posts when I am researching something than to start a new post asking something. 

This forum is valuable for the knowledge already posted here, imo. 

[I was a sysop on Compuserve from around '92 - '02.  I remember how busy it was, the thrill of signing in to see what all was new since my last visit 4 hours earlier.  lol   But eventually those forums slowed down and I'd sign in only to see no new posts (or replies).  People were leaving Compuserve and moving on to the internet back then.  And now many Internet forums are slowing down too.  :(  ]

• Like 3

Kevin and the others are correct. This is the best forum, full of knowledge there is. It has been hard to hang onto it without much activity.  My schedule has changed since years back, so I work alot of hours.  I do check in here, but don't post much as it is so hard to post pics & videos from my phone, if I could do it easily, I would be posting ALOT!   I miss rushing to see the latest post, but I get how social media has taken over and pushed forums to a thing of the past. FB has too much drama, I personally don't like to post alot there about my parrots as I don't want the fact that I won 3 out there for others to get ideas..you never know who is sharing your posts. I worry about thieves. I have an alarm system and a big black Shepard that wants to eat anyone who ventures near my porch...but still it is always in the back of my mind.

I wish we could get an app, but I realize that's a huge task & I wouldn't know where to start, if we did I think we could push it for more posting..IDK.  

Well, I appreciate all you do Kevin to keep us up & running and i really appreciate the members that do come here & contribute!  Love to you all!  <3

• Like 3

I stopped visiting here when my Dad was palliative and I was his full time caregiver, then it took me literally years to recover because of my own health struggles.  I was so afraid you guys wouldn't be here when I typed in the web address, but so happy when you were.  Missing some old familiar faces, but maybe, like me, they'll be back someday.

• Like 4

On 1/25/2022 at 1:12 PM, Talon said:

I wish we could get an app, but I realize that's a huge task & I wouldn't know where to start, if we did I think we could push it for more posting..IDK.  

You dont need an app, this system will adapt to ANY internet device that can access a web site. It looks a little narrow, but it lines up perfectly and is fully functional.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, also as an Internet oldtimer (back in the day when I had to stick my phone receiver into the modem cradle and telnet from Wyoming into Norman, OK to get access), I hope this forum never goes away. It was so comforting to have enough energy to pop back in and to see old friends and fids. Melts my heart. I suspended my Facebook account ages ago and I left all of my groups and deleted everyone from my friend list except for immediate family. It went from being a fun place to game and chat with friends to a quagmire of vitriol. Nope.   I am on MeWe which has no ads, no trackers, no click bait, and I only use it for a small private group of 4 dear friends and myself so we can chat daily and share pics of our kids and grandkids. 

This forum seriously could be considered the Bible of Greys. There is such a wealth of info here that is unparalleled. I'm here until the fat lady sings.... 

xoxo

Jane and HRH

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1