NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Egg Laying and not acting herself

patharrell

We got Lolli a couple of months ago.   She's about 17 and were told she had laid eggs in the past.   Well she started 6 days ago and we have no male so infertile.   We took it away from her.   I should have looked up information right after that but I didn't.   We've had birds but no African.   Anyway she has laid 3 eggs, every 2 days and she's not acting right today.   She's been on the bottom of her cage and not talking.   She's eating some.   I read that if you take an egg away they will lay another one so it looks like maybe she is going to lay one.   She hunched over with her butt up in the air on the bottom of her cage.  We took one of the eggs out of the fridge and warmed it up and put it back in her cage.   She's kind of been sitting on it.   We haven't had her long enough to handle her but I need some advice.   Is this normal?   She's not talking much at all, very very little.  Do I need to get her to a vet?   I don't know how we would get her out of the cage and into a carrier without being bloody.   Thank you for any advice you can give me.   I am worried about her.  

It's possible that she could be egg bound. If you see a change in her behavior, then yes, a vet visit ASAP is warranted. Please don't wait, as once you notice a change in behavior, a vet visit should be scheduled immediately. 

Do increase her calcium intake while she's laying. 

• Like 1