NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey in the hospital

Talon

• 3 weeks later...

Well...I thought I would update....mostly as a teaching tool and a lesson to many of us.  Ollie has been back to the hospital for an X-ray the end of November, they said he is healing very slowly, so 4 more weeks....well he went back last week for another X-ray...they said 3 more weeks.  

The reason for the slow healing?  He got a bit spoiled when the injury happened, kind of stopped eating, so my son gave him his favorites..pistachios..well that’s all he wanted to eat for the past month of so...he’s not getting the proper nutrients in his Harrison pellets, thus slowing down the healing process the hospital said...so there’s a lesson in this for all of us.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ollie said still,has his cast on, it’s really not healing ...they took the 3 pins out, and when they took the third pin out, a bunch of puss came out. They said he has a bone infection, but they don’t know exactly what kind. He is back in a cast, is on antibiotics every 12 hours for a month. He goes back in 2 weeks ,but it’s not looking good. They are afraid he might lose his leg..😔. Very sad situation...we are praying for the best.

• Sad 1