NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Stinky poop and Diarrhea

Rubygrey

Today ruby has had the worst smelling poop and diarrhea it smells terrible she hasn’t eaten anything unusual a few peanuts a small carrot stick and her bird food she has chewed up some cardboard although i don’t think she ate any of it I need help any ideas on why this is happening? The only avian vet anywhere near is out of town for a couple weeks 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Was it a one time occurrence, or is every poop as you describe? Is the poop bubbly? If it's continuous or bubbly, then you absolutely need to take him in for evaluation and most likely medication.

Did Ruby have any eggs, beans or sulfured fruit prior to the stinky poop? A friend of mine's grey had horrible smelling poop from having eaten those particular foods.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today is the only stinky poops day but all her poops today have smelt horrible but the last one or two haven’t smelt as strong  not really bubbly either just mostly green liquid with a couple of solid pieces and nothing other than ordinary food and peanuts and one carrot stick the past few days

• Like 3

This suggestion will not hurt anything... Wash and rinse the food and water bowls etc with ACV (apple cider vinegar) and let air-dry. Has your fid eaten broccoli in the last 24 hrs? if your fid IS NOT eating, HUMAN GRADE  Roasted no sodium peanuts, STOP feeding. You need to get your fid to the vet ASAP. Put a few drops of ACV in the water bowl (won't hurt anybody or anything)

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 2