NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Can't save edited profile

I've been trying to add stuff to my profile but I cann't save it because of the Random Question thing at the end.  It doesn't like my answer, or any other answer I've tried.

HELP!!!

Random Question – this is to verify that you are human and help keep spam off our forum.: REQUIRED

What is the colour of the sun?" 
That value is not allowed.
  • Confused 1

Maybe it is just tech folks that like to know why something broke, but......

This forum has been through MANY reiterations and database conversions over the years.

Each conversion imports certain fields from the last database, and that was a field imported the last time.

The question could not be answered because the database had no = to the question, which was left behind from a previous database conversion.

Anyhow, thats why.

When the field was deleted from the current DB, the problem went away.

I know there are a few tech guys here also, so this is mainly for them, but I digress :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's fixed, that's all that matters.  I guess I'm the only new member to try to add to their profile since the last change.

I run a forum and website for vintage Yamaha guitars (ProBoards & WordPress).  I'm my own tech guy.  If something breaks it's usually something I did by mistake and I have to figure out how to fix it.  Fun stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1