NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dirty Vent feathers on Baby

Hi,

My baby Grey is 9 weeks old and is now home for 2 days.  I noticed that his vent feathers are quite messed.  What is the best way to clean him without it being a traumatic experience.  Also, when at the pet store, he had a voracious appetite but not at home now. He is still on 3 feeds a day and I am feeding him with a syringe.  Does he just need to settle down a bit?  He does not eat as much as he did at the store...

Edited by Kiruban
  • Like 1

Welcome, I'm sorry, but I'm going to come off hard..This baby is to young to be sold, he hasn't even fledged. He needs more then 3 feedings a day he still needs warmth and shelter... How much does he weight,? What are you feeding him? How much per feeding?... Warm water and pat dry..

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 1

Hi Jayd, 

He weighs in at 532g.  I suspect that he is older than 9 weeks.  I am feeding him Avi Plus Parrot Handrearing formula - the 6 weeks to weaning one.  He has approximately 40 - 50ml per feed.

1527243184749553482392.jpg

Edited by Kiruban
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! That sounds great!Try a 1/2 tsp creamy low-sodium peanut butter....Question, will he eat his formula off a spoon? What I used to like to do is put some dry cheerios in his cage. They start to fledge at about 12 weeks....he should be on solid by then. He should be eating around 50ccs per feeding. ....will post more when I wake up LOL....

• Like 1