NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have questions

Erfan

Hello guys. 

I have some question .

1. Why is my parrot so aggressive in the morning ? and whistles a lot i guess he’s calling his flock  but why aggressively? 
  2. Why does my parrot tremble his feather in his chest whenever i talk to him? 
Edited by Erfan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Erfan said:
  1. Why is my parrot so aggressive in the morning ? and whistles a lot i guess he’s calling his flock  but why aggressively? 
  2. Why does my parrot tremble his feather in his chest whenever i talk to him? 

#2. Your parrot is trembling because he is content, lucky you..A parrot prefers to whistle over talking, don't whistle back...

#1. You are correct...[which could be you.]   Aggressive? Time to discover his baggage and how much he carry's this could take time...

Your doing great, keep observing...

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jayd said:

#2. Your parrot is trembling because he is content, lucky you..A parrot prefers to whistle over talking, don't whistle back...

#1. You are correct...[which could be you.]   Aggressive? Time to discover his baggage and how much he carry's this could take time...

Your doing great, keep observing...

Thank you

• Like 1

You don't have to whistle back, although I don't think it does any harm, but do answer him.  He wants to know where the members of his flock are and what they're doing.  Have other members of your household answer him as well.  He's aggressive because he's still reacting from fear.  Just keep being calm and consistent . There's no telling how long it will take him to feel safe and secure in your home, but it will happen as long as you don't give up.  He's lucky to have landed in a home where his owner is reaching out for information on how to deal with him.

• Like 3

Thank you Acappella, wonderful post...I feel this Grey is a little more wild than not..You are correct about whistling back, my recommendation is in the wild, parrots don't "talk" as we know it, their preference of communication is screeches and whistles which is how they greet us...A parrot will take the easy way out if they feel they can get away with it...Some parrots never talk.. By talking over whistling back, it's reinforcing speech communication over whistles. Unfortunately, a Grey reverts back to whistles with less or no talking at an early age

An example: we teach poop stations to our flighted fids. We have small pieces of  newspaper and we watch the bird, find a poop pattern, and every time we find poop where we want them to poop, we show them the paper and place it on the ground. In time, this is where they poop besides their cage and play stand. As intelligent as a Grey is, they are still a creature of habit.

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 2