NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG Ɨ
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Number of approaches each day

Erfan

Hello everybody , after I found out what foods BuBu likes ( almond , sunflower seed)šŸŒ»Ā i give him each one a few and now he growls less Ā but i approach 6-8 times a day and I want to know is it ok ? or is itĀ Ā too many ?Ā 

And next question is Ā when I want to approach Bubo he makes two kind of voices sometimes its growling and its continuously, and the other is a voice like growling but not continuously itā€™s like a scream but looks like a growlingĀ 

can you guys tell me the differences between these to kind of voices ?Ā 

There is a reduction at growlingĀ 

but screaming ( mix of screaming and growling i dont know :(Ā )Ā hasnā€™t changed yet ,Ā 

• Like 1

;)H, (Maggie Typing for Jay) This is only a suggestion...Put your cage in a active area of your home and ignore him...Go about your daily routine exposing him to everyone.Ta[k to him like your old friends and have the rest of your family do the same. Make him a part of your flock not the other way around. Most importantly, don't let him know your worried...Note: 3 almonds a day, no sunflower seeds, use them later to train him, don't worry, he'll eat when he's hungry... What we have always done is what I call "Abundant Feeding" over load his cage with proper food, he'll show you what he likes.. Remember this is weeks or months...:ph34r:Ā  Lov-ya Jayd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jayd said:

;)H, (Maggie Typing for Jay) This is only a suggestion...Put your cage in a active area of your home and ignore him...Go about your daily routine exposing him to everyone.Ta[k to him like your old friends and have the rest of your family do the same. Make him a part of your flock not the other way around. Most importantly, don't let him know your worried...Note: 3 almonds a day, no sunflower seeds, use them later to train him, don't worry, he'll eat when he's hungry... What we have always done is what I call "Abundant Feeding" over load his cage with proper food, he'll show you what he likes.. Remember this is weeks or months...:ph34r:Ā  Lov-ya Jayd

Hi Maggie , heā€™ Been in my room for 24 days I guess,, if I change his place and put him in living room isnā€™t it backward in my improvement?? Ā I have a large family and we are a little bit noisy:D including a 4 years child,( my nephew) , so if i put him in a one corner of our living room wonā€™t he be nervous? Because my nephew usually runs šŸƒā€ā™€ļø he is so energetic šŸ˜‚Ā 

Edited by Erfan
  • Like 2

On 3/2/2018 at 2:52 AM, Erfan said:

Hi Maggie , heā€™ Been in my room for 24 days I guess,, if I change his place and put him in living room isnā€™t it backward in my improvement?? Ā I have a large family and we are a little bit noisy:D including a 4 years child,( my nephew) , so if i put him in a one corner of our living room wonā€™t he be nervous? Because my nephew usually runs šŸƒā€ā™€ļø he is so energetic šŸ˜‚Ā 

Tell every one to keep back from him for a while, he senes your stress.

• Like 1

Are you spending most of your time in your room with him?Ā  Having a small child running around isn't ideal, but I agree with Maggie, I'd put the cage where the family is and ask people not to get within so many metres of the cage.Ā  If possible, ask your nephew to walk when in the same room as the bird.Ā  At 4 he might be able to understand that the bird is a scared baby and that running makes him more scared.Ā  Maybe other members of your family could join in reading to the bird and getting him used to everybody.Ā  Everything and everybody is scary right now so try to get the other members of your family to help you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:DThank you Acapella! Great response!Ā  I am proud to say that the posted threads are from Jay who dictates (:ph34r: he really is a dictator LOL) to me because he has trouble typing so I type for him. (:S IĀ  also proofread, add commas, period, colons, am a spellchecker, etc., etc., LOL) Love, Maggie and Jay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1