NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Humidifier

Talon

-Greetings, Greys really enjoy the cold. They love  70-72 degrees (close to their natural habitat). So, we keep our temp 70-72 year round. We also, instead of humidifiers, have three fresh water fish tanks9_9. (two 30s and a 10 gal...whew-hoo). The two 30 gal have live plants planted thick (java ferns and Anubis plants) which produces abundant oxygen not only to the fish tanks but to the room also while absorbing CO2. They each require topping up a gallon + each daily. This produces a room temp quantity of moisture (humidified) air. As a side benefit, Joe and Salsa not only sit and gaze at the fish, but bathes and occasionally takes sips :P.

My choice would be a neutral heat humidifier and two Aloe-Vera juice baths a week. B|

I'll do a post on the fish tanks in Off-Topic Discussions "Wet Health for your FIDS":D

Edited by Jayd
Spelling
  • Like 3

What kind of fish do you have Jayd?   I went to see a lady about some parrotlets when I was getting one for my daughter and she had this fish tank that was so stunning when you walked into the room.   I've always wanted one after seeing it.  But I need another hobby to clean up after like I need another hole in my head.    I keep my lights off in my office at work and a glofish tank would be awesome there.

this is the tank that was in her office.  I don't think they are glofish though.

fishtank.jpg

Edited by SRSeedBurners
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kittykittykitty said:

I used a personal size Sunbeam cool mist ultrasonic vaporizer.  I don't find anything similar on line now, but there are many humidifiers and vaporizers for every price and size, both cool and steam.  Do you need steam for medication?

No, just for the bird room and my downstairs

• Like 3

On 1/7/2018 at 3:16 PM, SRSeedBurners said:

What kind of fish do you have Jayd?   I went to see a lady about some parrotlets when I was getting one for my daughter and she had this fish tank that was so stunning when you walked into the room.   I've always wanted one after seeing it.  But I need another hobby to clean up after like I need another hole in my head.    I keep my lights off in my office at work and a glofish tank would be awesome there.

this is the tank that was in her office.  I don't think they are glofish though.

Thanks, I have a saltwater Reef tank, a Tanganyika African Shell dweller tank,  and my fresh air tank. The only high maintenance tank is the Reef. No offense, I don't condone Glo-fish. A nice tank, easy maintenance tank is a all MALE show guppy, no heater, small filter, water condition minimal, easy to a care-fore, you can decorate  and put live Anacharis, Min 20 gal. I'm more than happy to answer and support all,

ImageHandler.ashx.jpeg

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 2