NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Mexico

chapala

Hi Everyone, I'm brand new here. Looks like a great place for Grey lovers!

Kali is my beautiful and special Grey bird, 5 and 1/2 years old. I've had him just over 5 years. He is delightful, smart and busy, and I am challenged to keep him occupied! He loves to be outside in the aviary, and our two big birds trade off days out there.

Our flock also consists of two re-homed parrots, a Military Macaw we've had almost six years (mature hen, unknown age, bonded to my husband), and a new to me Mexican Parrotlet, probably around 2 years old. The owner was too busy for him and gave him to me 12 days ago. He is doing well.

Looking forward to hearing about all of you and your birds!

Reta

Greetings Reta,

Welcoome to the board! We have a great group of members here willing to learn from/share with one another. We look forward to your participation.

Regarding the picture posting, please have a look at the FAQs section. Its not set up perfectly, but if you poke around in that room there is an explanation on how to post photos here. If that does not work, let me or one of the admins know and we will give you more detailed instruction! B) ;)

WELCOME!! :)

Welcome Reta!!

It sounds like you have quite a flock there you are caring for. It's always great to hear of someone rescuing these loving Parrots and providing good homes for life.

We'll look forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos once you get it figured out as Mark gave you the FAQ info. :-)

Hello and welcome to the family, Reta, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing a lot more about you and your flock, especially Kali. What a lovely name for a grey, does it have a special meaning?

You could probably give us a lot of useful tips, but read thru our many threads on various topics for lots of helpful information. If you have any specific questions you would like to ask please do, we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

Mark, aka dblhelix, has directed you to the right place for advice on posting pictures, hope you get it figured out for we would love to see Kali and the other two birds also.

Thanks! I didn't know whether Kali was male or female when I got him, though the breeder was 95% sure he was female. Wrong! DNA later showed male after I called him "she" for a long time. I chose a gender-neutral name - Kali means energetic in Swahili. He is a very active Grey bird, so it suits him well.

I checked out the photo info in the FAQs section. I don't want to do the photobucket thing if I can post photos directly. I tried it again, reducing the photo size, still can't seem to get it to show up. Oh well.

Kali_bathing_March_16_07.jpg

Kali_bathing_March_16_07.jpg

Since I succeeded with that, I'll try showing you the other two. Here's Cello, a Mexican Parrotlet I've had for just 12 days, helping me on the computer. I'm almost positive he is a wild-trapped bird, since the first owner bought him from a street seller in a big crafts town on market day. No band, about $30. He was not tame. Too much illegal trapping which I am very much against, and would never buy a bird unless I knew it was aviary raised. However, the first owner really didn't want to spend time with the bird, and she at least knew he needs more attention (and a way better diet!). He was on seed only, and not a very good seed mix at that. An incredible eater, he is now on fresh food, sprouted grains and legumes, and a cooked grain/bean/sweet potato mix. So tiny, so cute!

Cello__Mex.jpg

Cello__Mex.jpg

And to complete our flock, here's Pepper, Military Macaw. We re-homed her by buying her from someone who kept her in a tiny cage for years, never handled, never out, poor diet. She has been with us for six years next March. Happy girl.

Pepper_Jan_06_4.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: chapala, at: 2007/11/19 03:15

Pepper_Jan_06_4.jpg

Please overload, we love photos, and you have got some lovely ones. Thats a cute one of Kali taking a bath, and they do love a head scratch don't they.

I just love the color of Cello, he sure is a cute little fellow, and Pepper is a lovely bird also, and what a shame she had to endure such conditions but she sure looks contented now.

Thanks Reta for sharing these pictures with us, you have a wonderful looking flock there in Mexico.

Reta welcome here! I L-O-V-E your birds. All of them, but Cello especially looks absolutely adorable to me.

I guess you must have loads of satisfaction with a lot like that :lol:

• 3 months later...