NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Thread title colour in activity feed clashes with background colour in 'red' theme

neoow

Well Ill tell you. I was not expecting any CSS help, apparently you have untapped talent (SRS) I just threw the sheet out there out of pure frustration.

SRS pointed me in the right direction, and after finding the way this software works, found the issue.

I just don't like designing sites, I like to keep the databases and servers working, along with the networking systems themselves, data forensics that's what we did over seas, they really didn't care what things look like, just the raw data and intelligence.

You will find that a great many things depend on what you need, or what you think you need.

As far as beating the the thing to death, sometimes that's what it came down to, your team depends on you.

It carried over I guess, I don't like to lose. :)

I suggest you may have other untapped skills and resources at your disposal, maybe you can avail yourselves of them.

Sometimes they just don't like to come out and say what they can do.

I don't mean just computers, but other untapped human resources of your members.

Maybe with some thought, you can increase traffic, and Help The Grey's more.

Just to throw things out, maybe a non profit organization for Grey's the very thing this site is  based upon.

Maybe a group to lobby Congress for the plight of the Grey's.

I know everyone is busy with their lives, just trying to get by.

Just a thought..........I'm just a former DOD contractor and IT guy.

Im good at what I do.

What are you guys good at doing? I Know what SRS is good at lol :)

Edited by KevinD
  • Like 3

I'm actually not a front-end developer.  I have a like/hate for front end work.   I like it in that you can actually see something cool (or hideous in some cases) when you're done.  But on the flip side it's what everyone bitches about because they can see it.  We just finished a three month long project developing an Angular/Node.js front end to our call processing server which is by far the most critical piece. The front-end was a very small part of the project.  Yet we're a typical company where a few of us do the work while the rest justify their positions and you can guess what they chose to complain about!   It would be impossible for them to find something wrong with the throughput of the call processing or scalability issues or something useful because they have zero skills but that's how it works.   It sucks too because those of us in the development group are not allowed to work from home whereas test/documentation/implementation/etc are.   The owners know who makes the grass grow.   However back in 2006 when the economy went to crap and they needed to cut the fat...guess which groups were let go - not one developer ate it.

All that to say I'm actually sort of a backend dev: some middleware, some database, c++ tools & utilities etc.   I get dragged into front-end work usually kicking and screaming.

Edited by SRSeedBurners
  • Like 3

It sucks too because those of us in the development group are not allowed to work from home whereas test/documentation/implementation/etc are.

Interesting, because it works the same way with DOD contractors. My brother, who worked for the same contractor as I did worked in testing and implementation has worked from his home for 15 years.

Me, they put on a flight to the first place God never meant anyone to live LOL.

Although In the defense and intelligence areas, I can see where picking apart a blown up hard drive is time sensitive.

They however have moved on to SSD drives (Far easier to extract info from platters) and new encryption levels, and the technology increases exponentially, it is hard to keep up with it.

If I were a betting man after another 1 or 2 years Edward Snowden  won't be worth going after, because everything he knows will be out of date. This is purely speculation and not classified. (I hate having to qualify everything lol)  But with what is going on in the business so to speak, better safe than sorry.

Edited by KevinD
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kittykittykitty said:

Are you two ever good at what you do!!!  Thank you from someone who is so computer illiterate :o it is embarrassing :$.

Kitty, there is no more important or no less important things we do or know.

God gave us all individual skills and specialties.

Just because one seems more complicated then other's, is because that is not our skill.

I do not know what your skill is, but I'm quite sure you do it better then I.

• Like 3

Would it surprise you my degree is in Emergency Medical sciences, but I cant sing worth a shit LOL, well my wife thinks so. I just got sucked into computer's while being bored on an offshore rig as a Paramedic.

Would it also surprise you that the ability in psychiatric training could sometimes mean the difference between life and death?

You have to size up a human being in milliseconds and decide if they will kill you or they can talk them down.

Much more difficult then coding, With coding you can go back and correct it, life and death, no going back. 

• Like 3

Wow!  I am in awww of the smart, talented, skilled amazing members we have here.   Sometimes in our busy lives, we focus on our greys and forget that everyone has another life that they have to live outside of our greys.  I feel so lucky to have a family here of such wonderful talented people who take time out of their busy days to come here, share and help.  I feel so blessed...❤️❤️

• Like 2