NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Wormer

SRSeedBurners

I have pigeons, not your flying rat type, but very expensive flying Iranian, Pakistani, Toghie, Homing and Fantails. I am worming them on a horse wormer - 'Quest' as it very well know within the performing pigeon fanciers that it works very well and is safe. I also worm my chickens and guineas on this. However I won't even dare give it to my adored babies unless I know it's safe for them. The ONLY reason I am considering worming them is because they are within close proximity of my silkies which I use for after-hours cleanup of the parrots aviary.

My babies do spend a lot of time outside and I don't want to just assume they don't have a parasite. Does anyone know what they use on parrots? What is safe?

I have pigeons, not your flying rat type, but very expensive flying Iranian, Pakistani, Toghie, Homing and Fantails. I am worming them on a horse wormer - 'Quest' as it very well know within the performing pigeon fanciers that it works very well and is safe. I also worm my chickens and guineas on this. However I won't even dare give it to my adored babies unless I know it's safe for them. The ONLY reason I am considering worming them is because they are within close proximity of my silkies which I use for after-hours cleanup of the parrots aviary.

My babies do spend a lot of time outside and I don't want to just assume they don't have a parasite. Does anyone know what they use on parrots? What is safe?

Here is a "FYI" page for you...https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=tightropetb&p=worming+parrots&type=93427_091017

Yeah, that's a google/yahoo search. I'm looking for someone who may have been prescribed quest through a veterinarian. I've done the google/avian avenue/facebook search. And with what I went through with Raven, I don't really trust vets either. Looking for firsthand knowledge similar to what I get on Pigeons.biz with the racing lofts that have very high value birds.

Yeah, that's a google/yahoo search. I'm looking for someone who may have been prescribed quest through a veterinarian. I've done the google/avian avenue/facebook search. And with what I went through with Raven, I don't really trust vets either. Looking for firsthand knowledge similar to what I get on Pigeons.biz with the racing lofts that have very high value birds.

I wish I could help, I've never wormed a Parrot,,, Sorry