NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My beautiful girl.

birdhouse

August/September is Kura's "sweet spot". After she's fully grown out from a winter of hormonal plucking & before she starts again in the fall. I celebrate the one even while I dread the other.

Just got a few shots w/my tablet, out where she's most beautiful. Out in the full sunlight those colors just pop. Even my good camera never has been able to do her justice. The red goes from the bright primary color of her head down to the darkest blood through her wings. The blue goes from a blackish navy through her chest to neon on her shoulders.

I've always been a little biased, of course. But when she's in full feather, I think she's an absolute stunner by any standard. So I thought I'd share my beautiful girl, before she morphs back into her raggedy winter self.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26913&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26914&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26917&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26916&stc=1

perfect2.jpg

perfect4.jpg

perfect8.jpg

perfect7.jpg

Edited by birdhouse

Thanks, guys!

Judy, I think the Great Rescue Organizer had Kura find me because I needed a break just then. She is the quintessential anti-TAG. Where one loves to instigate & orchestra the other just wants to watch the world go by. Mellow where Phenix is demanding. Cuddly where he's anything but. "New toy? Oh boy!" Black & white vs red all over, in a manner of speaking.

Sterling, her feathers aren't like a downy chick's, or anything. They're deconstructed normal feathers for want of a better way to put it. She does have black down feathers under the breast & body plumage that's softer.

Couple of things about those eyes. Especially for yellow eyes which sometimes strike me as a little alien in some species, I think of Kura's as soulful. Partly because her's are most often smiling. Also, Solomon Island Eclectus have a ring of blue around theirs which kind of adds to the overall effect.

BUT, they're anything but beautiful when she gets angry. She gets scary crazy-eyes when she's mad. I could not believe the change the first time I saw it!! I'd read that female Ekkies could be absolute she-devils. But to see my sweet girl turn on the Crazy blew my mind a little. All because I gave her a whiffle ball that she didn't like, btw!

So I finally got some real pics w/a real camera. I must have taken 50 shots (thank goodness for digital!). These were the closest I got.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26918&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26919&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26920&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26921&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=26922&stc=1

kurasEye.jpg

kuraFeathers1.jpg

kuraFeathers2.jpg

kuraFeathers3.jpg

kuraFeathers4.jpg

Edited by birdhouse

BUT, they're anything but beautiful when she gets angry. She gets scary crazy-eyes when she's mad. I could not believe the change the first time I saw it!! I'd read that female Ekkies could be absolute she-devils. But to see my sweet girl turn on the Crazy blew my mind a little. All because I gave her a whiffle ball that she didn't like, btw!

oh...I thought you were talking about my wife right there :cool:

"Ok, but first...let me take a selfie" :o

attachment.php?attachmentid=26919&stc=1

• 4 weeks later...