NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Abused Parrots and Veterans with PTSD are bonding article/video link

danmcq

Fascinating (as the risk of sounding too Spock-like "). I think the comment that when a bird who can fly anywhere chooses to fly to you it's pretty special, pretty much sums up the attraction for these particular humans or most others. But knowing what we know about parrots generally & Greys especially, I'm a little surprised to say the least. I'd love to hear it from their point of view (if only!).

I totally disagree w/the comment that it's because of the birds' flock mentality, though. If anything, I'd think that once these babies were finally in a safe flock, they'd be even more likely to reject outsiders as dangerous strangers after all they've been thru. It's been my experience that the more abused the critter, the less likely it is to be social towards humans in particular no matter how group-oriented the healthy specimen's instincts would normally be.

One thing I do think though is that it shows yet another correlation between human & parrot psyches(?). I'd love to explore more of this whole phenomenon.

One thing I do think though is that it shows yet another correlation between human & parrot psyches(?). I'd love to explore more of this whole phenomenon.

It does indeed and I too would like to understand this phenomenon as much as possible. It has so many facets that are intriguing.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We learn by doing, Even though I don't fall into the regular category of field soilder, I have found that I exhibit traits of PTSD, although if you told anyone I would deny it.

I have had to eliminate certain threats, but also having medic skills have saved certain assets.

Fortunately I made it back and so did Sukei.

If you ask me if it made a difference to either one of us on a scientific/psychological level, I would say yes to a degree.

The person and they grey still have to want to make it work, and spend the time to make the relationship work, same as between all of God's creatures.

We and Greys all not really all that different, it the commitment we humans are in control of.