NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

It has been almost 8 years

KevinD

I'm sorry it has been so long, but Sukie is coming home. I secured the CITES permits, You might find that there is no problem an appropriate amount of money cant fix.

This is not a plug for the website, but I have kept a record for sukui.

Parrotfiles.com

Now let me tell you outbout CITES, in any given country.....they really dont give a rats behind as long as they get there money.

The problem is with fish and wildlife department in the US,

If someone faces the same problem as I have, please let me know, I will help you.

Its been years, but I got it figured out..

Thank all of you for your encouragement over the years.

When you work for the government, you dont have a whole lot of time to do any thing else.

Thank you again...... were coming home. On Luftansa.

Sukie has to do his 30 days in Miami quarantine, but at least he wont die in this hell hole.

Again thank alll of you!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ohmygoodness ohmygoodness ohmygoodness ohmygoodness

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought of you the other day. I re-read one of your posts & it made me wonder. I knew you wouldn't give up, though!

:D:D:DI am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I must apologize on the time estimate, after re reading the post this morning, it has only been 4 years for Sukei, been 10 years for me in the hole, I guess between the joy of seeing the CITES certificate and my impending retirement, I got too excited lol.

Again I cant thank you guys enough, I don't know a single one of you, but you guys have been a source of support and I really appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone. If all goes well Sukei should go to quarantine on December 15th or 16th. There are still some final preparations to be made, but I think we will be home for Christmas.

All though it sucks being jail for the holidays, at least there will be many more.!!!

Thanks again everyone. If all goes well Sukei should go to quarantine on December 15th or 16th. There are still some final preparations to be made, but I think we will be home for Christmas.

All though it sucks being jail for the holidays, at least there will be many more.!!!

Do you get to visit during quarantine?

Do you get to visit during quarantine?

Unfortunately i will not be retired till the middle of January.

I wish I could say....but I cant, however Hilliray can tell you anything she wants to.....

Myself id be in jail with Sukei

Hilliray? You mean Hitlery Kitten?

It means some of us are above the law and some of us are not.

Dont want to make this a political thread, it is what it is.... were coming home, thats all that is important...

As I look through the years, even as much influence as I have it amazes me that just a few bucks gets you what you need. As long as you know who to call.

So in reference to the other CITES thread.......its a lost cause.

Fortunately for Sukei, he gets to come home.

Again thank you all for the support.

• 5 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, wanted to give you an update.

First for anyone trying to do What I am trying to do, this is the government link it might help someone.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/bring-pet-into-the-united-states/pet-birds/pet-birds-non-us

This has proved to be almost an impossible task, no matter what hoops I jump through, they find another. One must have serious conviction to get this done.

In my case all the avian vets left the Popsicle stand in Kuwait.

Now if your lucky enough to have a Falcon in the middle east your good to go...... The Falcon vet simply said my Falcon would eat your African grey for lunch and still be hungry. Obviously there is some prejudice there.

I was stuck on the 21 day quarantine in country before shipping.

I got lucky and a British avian vet was lured back into this hell hole, because the Royal Animal Hospital here in Kuwait was backed up on avian cases that she came back for a month to clear the back log.

She is going to help me get that done. God bless her.

Im now just stuck on the US fish and wildlife import permit.

I was finally able to contact her yesterday, and she said she would move my permit to the top of the stack, (Professional courtesy) we both work for the US government.

Its not over yet, but I see a path, where there was none before.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

There is a whole lot more to the story, but i dont think there is enough hard drive space on your host's server LOL.

Have a blessed day.

My greatest best wishes are with you to get Sukei home with you! I am so hoping that you are well served to retire with your friend in his rightful home at your side. You will have a story to tell, and Sukei will be on your shoulder emphasizing every word. I understand why there are rules, I generally follow them to the letter. But there is also a time and a place for exceptions and you and Sukei are exceptional. Good Luck!

IMG_1374.jpg

One step forward, and two steps back......Argh, well it turns out, he has to have an RFID tag, SO, here is Sukei for his final checkup and RFID insertion procedure.

As you can see he is of decent weight, vet said he was on the higher end of the weight scale for his make and model LOL.

The procedure went well, I was lucky enough to have a very proficient avian vet to do it. Thanks Dr Jill.

She is a traveling Vet that goes to many of these less then desirable places in the world to help birds/people in a bad spot.

I was surprised at how quickly and non traumatic it was for him. They gas them which knock them out for about two min, put it in, and poof. Done.

He woke up a little freaked out, but has been fine, no bleeding or anything.

SO, were back to the same problem, I need the WB permit, and then Dr Jill can write the heath permit.

Problem is she leaves in the middle of December, so I have to have the permit in hand by then.

Will be a long two weeks.

Thanks Again for everyone's kind words and support.

Edited by KevinD

"The Utopia of Rules" - David Graeber. An essay "On Technology, Stupidity, and the Secret Joys of Bureaucracy". That book describes in fine detail what you're dealing with. I picked it up one time for a flight back from the East coast. Pretty accurate.

Great pic of Sukei. Not sure I've ever seen a pic of him besides your avatar. Really hoping for the best here.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is it, down to the wire. The story is so long, I would have to write a book.

I finally got the WBC permit, with a note that Sukie would have to be in the states no later then 12-31-2016 because all the permits are for Schedule II and Greys go to Schedule I CITES January 1 and my permits would become void.

We spent all day building what I call the premier Parrot mobile transportation unit lol, IATA approved specs, now I just have to hope that I can get the vet in time with the cargo company.

He has to go cargo now, because I am not scheduled out till Jan 31st.

I guess all in all the timing was just right, as he never would have left the country under a schedule I, I would have had to leave him.

Its the 4th quarter 4th down and inches, I just got to jump over a big defensive line and get the touchdown.

Ill let you know when I do...... everything is in flux but the game is up on the 31st.

Thanks again folks for the encouragement and support.

K