NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

E're birdy meet: Spanky..Twitch..Billy...Squeeks...Carl...

SRSeedBurners

So we have a new resident at the Sterling-Ranch aviary. In other words, Head Warden GreycieMae has a new inmate to lord over.

He comes by way of Murfchck who lives half way across the country (Texas is big and she lives almost in Ft Worth and we live Northeast of Dallas so that's like three New England states across). His story is pretty interesting, and I'll probably get it wrong but here goes:

Apparently he's an escape artist that got loose somewhere in their neck of the woods. Someone spotted him and had been trying to catch him (I think?). Then either a hawk or a crow nailed him giving him a nice gash on the top of his head and he was finally captured, apparently not in too good of shape. Enter Murfchks aka Lisa Murphy and company. They were contacted about taking in this little guy and attempts to find a previous owner were made with no luck. So plans for a foster home were being made as he's sure to get into trouble around their 19 big ones.

Now we have a cockatiel who we've been searching for a friend. My wife just wanted to get another 'tiel which I'm not big on. I've been working on her to let me get another conure, since I LOVE conures. As circumstances would have it, my wife got involved in a car accident Friday night to which I posted about online. This led to that which led to Lisa making a comment: does my wife need a conure to help her recover from the ordeal. Well I think that's a brilliant idea and if my wife doesn't need a conure to recuperate - I DO!!! So with a little badgering and begging and making promises I'll break later we set off on Saturday to go see the little guy and see Lisa's menagerie which I've always wanted to see.

So here's a short little video of him. His personality is so over-the-top that I'm really having trouble coming up with a name for him/her (I'll refer to 'him' as that's what he acts like). He's really taken with me seems to be the case with every conure I've had. He has a Napoleonic attitude, struts his stuff like nobirdy's business and is just a little hot mess. He seems to know what 'give me a kiss' means because the first time I said it he came running and gave me a little kiss. I'll bet his previous owners are really missing this guy.

And we may need to go shopping for a toupe as he has a nice bald spot compliments of the crow/hawk that he got in a fight with. Oh and boy is he a nippy little conure, as most are...

I love it! I am so happy that he has joined your flock. I just wish we were not 3 New England states apart so visits can be made easier! He has settled in so nicely!

What about Kojack? Bald head and kinda pompous, he would just need suckers. Oh wait, we are the suckers of him as he lured us in to his heart!