NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Seattle Area Vet Recommendations

Giannine

I know I should have had an avian vet before getting Poppy but I got discouraged in my search after reading scary reviews of the ones that popped up. Is there a site I can go to or do any of you know of any reputable avian veterinarians around Seattle? I live in Bothell/Mill Creek. Thank you in advance:D

I know I should have had an avian vet before getting Poppy but I got discouraged in my search after reading scary reviews of the ones that popped up. Is there a site I can go to or do any of you know of any reputable avian veterinarians around Seattle? I live in Bothell/Mill Creek. Thank you in advance:D

ABVP Certified Avian Veterinarians in the Seattle Area

Seattle, WA - James Onorati (Des Moines Vet Hosp) - 206-878-4111

Seattle, WA - Tracy Bennett (Bird & Exotic Clin of Seattle) - 206-783-4538

These are in Seattle but not be near you. Understand that a usual avian vet visit is done once a year unless there's an emergency. Many people have to travel a bit to get to an avian vet.

Thank you, Dave. Tracy Bennett's clinic is one of the clinics I looked into that has too many bad and horror story reviews on Yelp. I'm not sure I can take a vet who spells 'Macaw' as 'McCaw' seriously (Bird & Exotic Clinic—Dr. Conger's special interests include surgical and diagnostic medicine. Her friends @ home are Honey Bunny the Chihuahua, Samba the cat, Buster the McCaw). Dr. Onorati's isn't much better misspelling 'state' in his bio ('sate'). Several complain about ridiculous prices (one was quoted over $600 without a diagnosis. Vet didn't know what was wrong), took to another vet and the bump was cleared with a $64 cream. Another lost her dog after it was sedated without the owner's knowledge or a phone call letting her know something was going on. He was only supposed to get x-rayed and have his ears checked. Owner still doesn't know what happened and how her dog died there. Several complaints about rude staff.

Vets are like doctors, they're really not worth a shit. When Raven had PDD, we ended up finding a vet that would do what we told her, run the tests we told her to run and was a liason with the research center at A&M for us. She ended up learning more out of our research and discussions with the research center than she did in her own practice. We really should have been charging her.

There are some good and bad. Almost all overcharge, in my opinion. They have their sneaky ways. Last time I took my Boxer in to get vaccinated and his nails clipped, I made it clear 3 times that was all I wanted but they did an exam and charged me for it so I paid over $100 when I planned to spend $30-something.

I was just hoping someone knew of some great avian vet in the Seattle area. Doesn't seem there are any:(