NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

And up your nose it goes...

Inara

So around here, we're frugal and try not to waste much of anything. For example, all of HRH's "untouchables" from the bottom of her dry-food dish get spread outside for the outer birds and The Squirrels. Paper towels that we use to dry our hands on, or do a quick wipe of a counter, are left to dry out, then get put near HRH's home and/or in a pottery jar in the den area where she likes to hang out on one of her perches while we read, etc. They are used to do a quick poop wipe up and/or to catch her morning cowpatty sized drop once I open her home door, and before we head off to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Well it has finally happened. This afternoon, I was distracted... reached for a folded paper towel, blew my nose in it and as I was moving it away from my nose, a flash of recognition of what I *immediately* knew was grey poopon caught my attention!!! EEK!!! I had apparently picked up a stray towel that had a dropping folded neatly into it (thanks to my Joe!) and had been left out rather than tossed away...and had centered my nose right into it without having noticed until it was too late.

As I was *eeking!!!!* and wiping my nose with a fresh, water soaked paper towel, and then wondering how much water I'd need to snort to get a good nasal wash, I started cracking up laughing at myself ---- yep, we all say it, "poop happens!" But in over 25 years total of living with feathered companions, this was a first! Natch, Imma gonna be giving any stray paper towels a good going over before even thinking of a nose blow or a lipstick blot.......

And how was your day? :D

So funny! We keep baby wipes all over the place, so we can grab one quickly when needed. (I am not one of those who proudly boasts that my bird is potty trained, our house is too chaotic to even attempt it.) I have grabbed up many a baby wipe for something other than cleaning up after the birds, only to find that I've already used it to clean up after the birds, and have now smeared bird poop on something that did not ask for bird poop to be smeared on it.

Corky is good about using her potty perch, but now and then she will drop a bomb before we can stop her.

She was on the kitchen table and walked to the edge and hung her butt over the edge and before I could stop her she dropped a bomb. Well Bacon our Dachshund was by the table looking up at Corky and it hit him in the nostrils. The first thing Bacon did was to lick is nose and the second thing was to drink water to wash it down.

I laughed because all I could think of the story about a sh*t eating hound.

That was so funny but us bird people put up with a lot, at most any time when I am home and my fids are out I may have poop on me, doesn't freak me out, just means I need to change my shirt, sometimes I just clean it off the best I can and go on about my business.

Ray that was hilarious about Corky dropping that bomb on Bacon's nose, maybe he won't be so close the next time he sees that red butt sticking out over the edge, especially if it wiggles.;):rolleyes::o

Sooo true Judygram, that's why all I could do was laugh while washing out my nose! :D :D We bird peeps all do have a high tolerance for all kinds of debri and mess. Wouldn't change it for the world! Kya, too funny!! And Ray, that Corky -- so stinkin' cute! And Bacon... too funny!

I have throws on every couch or recliner in my home and have hardwood or tile throughout the house. My greys are angels, they bomb from their wooden perches or boings that I have for them throughout my home. Newspaper beneath these spots are great for droppings making life easy. So I feel blessed with my flighted angels.

Edited by luvparrots

I have no problem admitting I laughed. A lot. Because it wasn't me. But there was that time I was having a sundae cone at my computer desk and dropped a bit. I scooped it up quickly to eat it before Java could get to it and it was warm and definitely not ice cream. A split second later and it would have been my max gross out. But look on the bright side.... Some celebrities pay big money for guano facials to hold onto their youthful beauty. Inara and Joe were just treating you to a luxurious lifestyle.

Edited by katana600
typo

I have no problem admitting I laughed. A lot. Because it wasn't me. But there was that time I was having a sundae cone at my computer desk and dropped a bit. I scooped it up quickly to eat it before Java could get to it and it was warm and definitely not ice cream. A split second later and it would have been my max gross out. But look on the bright side.... Some celebrities pay big money for guano facials to hold onto their youthful beauty. Inara and Joe were just treating you to a luxurious lifestyle.

OMLadyGaGa!! Dee, that was too funny! Whew! You dodged a bullet there for sure! (still laughing!)

Greywings, Agree on the immune system :D

Timbersmom -- yep, been there with the --too late -- feeling when barefoot and step right in it!

Poop happens. :D :D