NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi!

Fox

Hi! I am looking to get a grey in the near future, and want to know as much as possible before I take one home :). I currently own a harlequin rabbit and a red fox. I think having a red has prepared me for any parrot bites, :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Hi! I am looking to get a grey in the near future, and want to know as much as possible before I take one home :). I currently own a harlequin rabbit and a red fox. I think having a red has prepared me for any parrot bites, :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Go to the GREY LOUNGE sticky and look for ----- So you want to be owned by a parrot

Go to the GREY LOUNGE sticky and look for ---- The African grey--have I done my homework?????

I found myself chuckling at your post because nothing can truly prepare anyone for the wrath of a Grey. But, that said, you are possibly more prepared than most.

Agree w/the others, read & keep reading. Also, you don't have to be a parront to ask questions. Please ask away....

Hi Fox,

Welcome to the forum. You have definitely come to the right place. As birdhouse said feel free to ask any questions you may have and i'm sure you will find the answers here. You are lucky enough to get to know the pros and cons(meah are there really any) of owning a grey before getting one, unlike me, I didn't choose the Grey life the Grey life chose me hahaha but seriously i can't imagine life without our grey.

I found myself chuckling at your post because nothing can truly prepare anyone for the wrath of a Grey. But, that said, you are possibly more prepared than most.

I'm sure (:. Mostly I meant bites and training, with how nippy and smart foxes can be. Teething fox- now that's fun:rolleyes:. I will try to post pictures soon! He is trained well enough to do a dog agility course, sit, stay, lay down, paw and walk on a leash, yet as soon as he sees a camera he won't sit still:p

I have already read a lot on here and on other websites, but thank you for the advice. I am planning on getting a baby since it will be my first grey.

Edited by Fox

It is great that you have decided to join the forum well in advance of getting your grey. I joined the forum about one year before I got my grey and it was invaluable. There is so much conflicting information about parrots online that I was quite confused before I got here. I didn't have any parrot experience prior to getting my grey, so I was a complete newbie. My CAG Gracie will be five this week, and it has been an awesome, wonderful, challenging yet fulfilling and growing experience. African Greys are very special, and the more work you put into it, the better your future relationship will be. Welcome aboard, fasten your seat belt, and prepare for an adventure!