NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

image.jpg

She hasn't used the big cage yet. Which is downstairs.

She seems happy with her tree and the small cage for drinking and eating and sleeping. Also destroying toys...lol

So she is close to us all in the bedroom.

She is vocalizing much more day by day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just a quick question. I'm sure it dates back from when she was a chic and hand fed.

She likes to gently nibble at and lick my finger and even try to swallow it when I go to rub her upper beak for being a good girl.

She doesn't do it with anyone else.

I'm not worried just find it strange that she wants to swallow my finger.

Edited by Neanderthal

That's interesting, not something my birds have ever done so I can't offer any explanations. One of my guys does "beak" my finger, but not swallow it. It's an affectionate thing she does to me as she coos and rubs her head on my hand.

Its an affectionate thing! Just be careful that Spy doesn't get to pick just you and bond. They will do that! They try to pick one owner and bond with that person. If you do it right... find one important talent that each family member has, and expose your bird to that. Sophie loved Sean for the violin, loved Ryan for his guitar and singing, loved me for the rules and feeding. In the end.... Sophie goes to all of us.

My dog , Sophie's best friend had dental surgery. I hired someone that has cared for Sophie when I was on vacation to come in and check on Ollie. Sophie had one claw on me, one claw on the sitter. Thats how she likes to be when watching a movie with the boys. She doesn't have to choose! Kisses for the sitter, while one claw on me. Nancy