NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Birdy keep away!

Somebirdy loves to give Daddy (and especially Mommy because she's shorter) troubles when it's time to come inside for the evening. Keep in mind the aviary is 10 ft tall in the middle and I can reach to about 8 feet. Somebirdy uses that space wisely :cool:

I went to get them and saw I was in for the usual routine, sometimes she doesn't want to play, but today she was all games. So I went back and got the camera so you could see what a brat I have!

Haha somebody needs a step stool!

I can see Alfie doing the exact same thing. He does similar when it's bed time in the house. He'll fly to the highest points in the room knowing full well I can't reach him there! I'd be doomed if this was me and Alfie in your enclosure!

Wow, that game went on a little too long lol. She really loves this game doesn't she? I don't know what to tell you. Maybe go inside with the other two the first time she flies off so there's no one to play with, then come out and ask for step up again. See if that takes some of the fun out of this. Dorian did his version of this last night which is he climbs all around his cage at bedtime, gets a snack, a drink of water, anything but stepping onto his sleep perch and tucking in for the night. He didn't go to bed until I left the room and ignored him for a couple of minutes. Then he rang his bell that is by his sleep perch and when I went in he was ready for bed. I wonder if a similar technique would work with your adorable little bratty pie.

Edited by Acappella

oh it's more of a game to her than anything. She'll do it for so long and then kind of let me catch her and she gets tickles and roughhouse time which she loves. If I really need her in the travel carrier, I just come out with a tiny bit of cheese. Game time comes to a prompt end when she notices I have the cheese!

For some reason I don't get a link to your videos any more. It could be something to do with my computer. Is anyone else having the same issue? I have a pretty good idea what Miss Gracie Mae is up to but love seeing your aviary. I'm sure she is just trying to keep you fit and healthy by putting you through her exercise regimen, all in your best interest of course.

For some reason I don't get a link to your videos any more. It could be something to do with my computer. Is anyone else having the same issue? I have a pretty good idea what Miss Gracie Mae is up to but love seeing your aviary. I'm sure she is just trying to keep you fit and healthy by putting you through her exercise regimen, all in your best interest of course.

I've started using the video bbcode which embeds the video in the post with the youtube video thumbnail as the picture shown. There may be a setting where you have videos turned off or something.

Here's the direct link:

I've started using the video bbcode which embeds the video in the post with the youtube video thumbnail as the picture shown. There may be a setting where you have videos turned off or something.

Here's the direct link:

Very nice aviary

Thanks Sterling, I can't figure out why this video link doesn't show up, will look into it further. I haven't changed any settings, but I subscribed to your YouTube channel so I can get updates through that. I wouldn't want to miss a moment of the fun with Gracie Mae. The whole time I was laughing and both my parrots were mocking me and laughing too. You have a great relationship with all three of your parrots. This time Gracie was just up to no good. Glad you have these fun moments and went back in for that camera.