NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

When I got Home

alex2014

I got an Amazon Echo about a month ago, It is integrated into my lights. When I got home last night the Echo was playing music and lights in the room where my 2 greys Alex and Rocco are kept were on.

I checked the history of commands and found out that Alex was calling Alexa (which is the trigger word) and giving the command to play music and turn on the lights, so funny.

• 4 weeks later...

I will have to look up this echo thing. It does sound like the perfect parrot accessory. It will give us a laugh or two. I had to spend many hours to figure out how to make my car stop turning on my phone's Bluetooth in order to "schedule" routine maintenance appointments. I can only imagine how tough it will be to keep the parrot out of my wallet.

• 4 weeks later...

Love this!! HRH Inara has Alexa well trained also! I have awakened to everything from death metal blaring to coming home to (her favorite!) Kenny G. LOL I will have to upload a screenshot of our shopping list also -- it as corn, corn, popcorn, cookies, four, apple, world (which I think Alexa mistook for "squirrel"). It does speak well for Alexa's voice recognition capabilities. Inara loves music at certain times of days, and knows that by calling to Alexa she will eventually come up with something (hence Kenny G becoming a favorite when Alexa can't figure out what Inara is asking!). If she does not like a selection, she will tell Alexa to "go lie down!" :D :D

I find more things on my shopping list each week, i think its because ALEXA answers them when they add something to the shopping list. Both my birds like to say "Where's (other birds name. So i found out ROCCO is a town in Italy and ALEX is in Alabama.

Their latest game is to say Alexa, Hello and Alexa answers them back.

Last weeks 4/15 Alexa newsletter on whats new featured a grey that likes to say hello to Alexa.

You don't need hands to enjoy hands-free music and information. Lorrie and Mark of Milford, CT tell us that their African Grey parrot Tyeena loves saying hello to Alexa. Do you have a pet that likes hanging out with Alexa? Tweet us a photo with the hashtag #AskAlexa.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Do my boys Alex and Rocco want to go outside? Every morning when I get up I ask Alexa what's the weather. Now Alex and Rocco have picked up on the words and ask Alexa whats the weather when I get up in the morning and come into the room to prepare their breakfast. maybe thy are just helping me out. Or telling me in their own way to hurry up and finish their bird room. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know grey's were interested in politics

Alexa heard: "what's the caucus"

Voice feedback

Search Bing for "what's the caucus"

What's the caucus?

United states presidential primary (the series of presidential primary elections and caucuses held in each U.S. state and territory is part of the nominating process of United States presidential elections.).