NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Joy of a Rehome;

Ray P

When you take in a rehome you must take the time to look for the joy. It dose not come automatically with a rehome.

You will have to work for it and some times very hard before you can enjoy it.

You must take care of their needs first before you work on their problems. Observe their likes and dislikes in the things that you do when you are around them, as this may be the key to building your relationship so you can make good things happen.

It may take a number of trials and errors before you come up with the answers you need, but don`t give up.

The parrot you are looking for is in that rehome, Take the time to look that parrot and you will experience the joy of a rehome, I know I did.

Cricket was a rehome and she gave me that joy and if you don`t believe me when it comes to that joy just read my all time favorite thread (Gilbert is home) from start to finish as I have and you will see joy.

• Haha 1

This post gives me goosebumps and makes me tear up a little. It sometimes seems like it will take forever to gain the trust of Miss Gilbert like you gained with Cricket. Through all the trials and tribulations, laughter and tears with Miss Gilbert we look at how much she has enriched our lives. And then I think of that first year with her when she stood like a statue, frozen with fear. That is when I understand that even though she isn't as compliant and affectionate as the baby greys, I wouldn't have it any other way. Anything that takes this much work to figure out gives an equal measure of joy when the hard work starts to pay off. We are going to reach a five year anniversary together next month. Although sometimes I have worried whether someone else could do better to draw her out of her deep dark times, I know we are meant to be together.