NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Shower Perch

SullysMom

I finally decided to buy a shower perch online. My hands (specifically my right hand) look terrible after taking Sully into the shower. He usually perches on the shower rod until I'm ready, then he steps up onto my hand for some shower time. He goes nuts in there! Flapping his wings, hanging upside down on my hand, trying to run up and down my arms, all the while chatting and whistling. Needless to say I'm usually pretty scratched up afterwards lol But the darn shower perch won't stick to the tile walls. It has three large suction cups, but nope, won't stick. However it does stick to my windows so right now it's in my kitchen. Anyone have any luck with shower perches or ideas!

For some reason I can't upload a picture of it, but this is the one I bought

Fold_away_shower_perch_250wx129h.jpg

Always another challenge, can you contact the manufacturer for ideas to help with that?

True! Never thought of that. Honestly since posting this it's been on my kitchen window and he seems to really enjoy it there. The bird feeder is right outside, plus it's right next to the dining table lol In the meantime I'll have to think of something else for the shower. My hand will just have to perch it out a little longer!

I saw something somewhere where someone had made a stand out of plastic pipes for use in the shower. They placed it in the bottom of the bath/shower and the parrot was able to walk about on it (because it was a square/rectangle shape so they had four pipes to walk round on). I can't remember where I saw it- but that may be an idea if Sully doesn't mind being a little lower than usual? If I find it again I'll post it here.

Here's a variant of what I saw-

Same sort of thing as what I mentioned in my previous post just a different shape. The other one I saw had more pipes and was in a cube shape so the parrot could run along the top four edges. I can't find it now, typically!