NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Naughty bird

SRSeedBurners

I come home from work and this is the first thing I see when I walk in the door. Apparently GreycieMae is in charge now when I'm gone.

Audio is a little hard to hear. I had to whip out the phone before I lost the opportunity...

P.S. GreycieMae has a thing for going round and round. It's her absolute favorite thing to do followed closely by getting swings from Daddy on her Chain&Bell. I've been on the lookout for some kind of motor to use that I can hang her favorite perch from and it will rotate at about 15-20rpms. If you know of anything that will do this, please clue us in. All I can think of is a disco ball hanger. Most of those won't turn that fast though.

• 2 weeks later...

Greycie has a perfect "spinner" already... daddy's hand. She is so confident up there while it is moving she even stands on one leg to get a scratch. You have an awesome friend to play with you like that. For when you are not willing to stand under her to be pooped upon, would something like this http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/hanging-battery-operated-rotating-motor-for-11-inch-large-cinespinner-suncatchers.html work? I don't know how much weight it would hold, but it wouldn't have any wires or other parrot attractions. I will keep on the lookout.

Greycie has a perfect "spinner" already... daddy's hand. She is so confident up there while it is moving she even stands on one leg to get a scratch. You have an awesome friend to play with you like that. For when you are not willing to stand under her to be pooped upon, would something like this http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/hanging-battery-operated-rotating-motor-for-11-inch-large-cinespinner-suncatchers.html work? I don't know how much weight it would hold, but it wouldn't have any wires or other parrot attractions. I will keep on the lookout.

I've come across that motor a couple of times and have decided it probably isn't heavy duty enough. The one perch that Greycie LOVES to go round and round on weighs about 30 pounds. Then put her little fatty on it and it weight 31.5 pounds! I need something that is heavy duty and spins about 10-15rpm.

She's so chill because she's probably logged over a hundred hours on that fan. It's one of those monster 72inch bladed fans that use the shape of the blade to move air rather than sheer force by speed. On the lowest setting I can put her on it and she can ride it with one foot up - that's how slow it will spin and that's speed we use so it won't harm anybirdy. Our biggest problem is she LOVES to reach down and grab a nice chunk of the wood to chew on while she spins. That's what has gotten her banned from it for several months.