NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Deadly to technology

Acappella

I may have to finally ban Dorian from his favourite perch, my computer. He chewed through the power cable to my monitor, and chewed off and broke the w key on my keyboard. I have to use a pen to push down the w now. You don't realize how often you use a key until you can't! I'm only typing this because I happened to have an extra monitor lying around, but it's got the power cable in exactly the same spot so I can't let his nibs near it. I know parrots are expensive, but this is getting ridiculous! I'm surprised he doesn't yet say "Don't you do it". Anyone else got a technology obsessed birdy?

I may have to finally ban Dorian from his favourite perch, my computer. He chewed through the power cable to my monitor, and chewed off and broke the w key on my keyboard. I have to use a pen to push down the w now. You don't realize how often you use a key until you can't! I'm only typing this because I happened to have an extra monitor lying around, but it's got the power cable in exactly the same spot so I can't let his nibs near it. I know parrots are expensive, but this is getting ridiculous! I'm surprised he doesn't yet say "Don't you do it". Anyone else got a technology obsessed birdy?

Only the 'W'....hahahhahahhah ah ah a...you got off easy. My baby has done in at least 5 or 6 keyboards (some were 70 dollars + till I learned). This year alone, he has dumped 2 waters in the back of my computer as well (minimum $150 each motherboard replacement) . He has also claimed a smart phone (at the time costing 500 to replace). Oh yeah chaaahhhh ching! Definitely watch for those power cables though...those could really hurt em.

All electronics must be confined to our bedroom where the kiddos are not allowed. Gabby doesn't like cell phone and aims to kill them. I bought her her very own phone from Walgreens in the baby section to kill instead. Now if they only would invent rubber cream and sugar bowls... i am down to my last one and it goes to my christmas dishes.

^^^ Tried Tupperware? Not the spiffiest designs in the world, but it does come in some nice colors & bounces pretty well. lol And to be honest, I am always astounded at the stuff you have around your house that doesn't apparently get bothered. Like the last pics of Kane where there's a big pot of Rushes (?) Grasses (?) & the cuckoo clock I send good wishes every time it's pictured. Neither of those would last 4 min around here.

But fortunately, these guys are very low tech. Woodwork, curtains, blinds, mostly. If Phenix gets a chance, he'll rip up the underside of the sofa. It's his man cave & the little stinker likes it how he like is. BUT cords...? OH good grief. Everything has to go into the entertainment center or some type of cabinet because if anything's left out or open ... They always zero right in on the cords & any power lights which scares me a lot!

As far as power cords go he didn't seem to get zapped at all. Maybe they're like rabbits. Their mouths are dry so they don't get a shock when they bite through them. He went straight for the cord on the new monitor. I'm going to have to find something that fits in the space between the computer and the monitor that hecan't move or chew through to block his path. I don't see banning him from there as a permanent solution because 80% of the time there he's good as gold, one foot tucked up beak grinding away. I actually like having him there when he's not being a snot!

Alfie's pretty good. I can't remember a time when he's destroyed electronics. I tend to move them out of the way before he gets there. He has a java tree on my computer desk and he likes perching on the back of my computer chair so I don't have problems with him getting at my computer. If he does decide to slide down my arm to take a look, I let him so long as he doesn't bite anything. If he bites anything then he goes back on his tree or the back of the chair. It's worked well so far.

LOL at technology... Dayo is so fast with a keyboard cleaning it looks like a popcorn machine with Keys flying out it. like Stephen and Isaac, I forget how many keyboards I have replaced now. Phone Cord, bitten in half in 1 millisecond. TV remote buttons ripped out in a microsecond.... on and on. They should hire Dayo at the electronics recycle center.... Faster than the best machine they have. :P

I should rethink all this fervent wishing for Miss Gilbert to be more like Dorian and try new things with us. She still likes her own cage and play top best and although I have been able to coax her down to the family room, she won't stay for fifteen minutes. If only she knew how much fun the computer is she might change her mind. I won't be reading to her from Dorian's memoirs. Good luck with the little snot. Hahahahaha. When I read the title on your post, I thought that and then you said the same thing.

I should rethink all this fervent wishing for Miss Gilbert to be more like Dorian and try new things with us. She still likes her own cage and play top best and although I have been able to coax her down to the family room, she won't stay for fifteen minutes. If only she knew how much fun the computer is she might change her mind. I won't be reading to her from Dorian's memoirs. Good luck with the little snot. Hahahahaha. When I read the title on your post, I thought that and then you said the same thing.

Took Bongo 3 years to come out of his statue stance. Now he is my problem child! He is the destroyer of all things left on the countertop, alcohol bottles on a shelf ( hubby caught the tequila on its way to the floor yesterday) and for his latest new trick he will fly to the floor and pull the panel off of the bottom of the dishwasher. Lol

LOL at technology... Dayo is so fast with a keyboard cleaning it looks like a popcorn machine with Keys flying out it. like Stephen and Isaac, I forget how many keyboards I have replaced now. Phone Cord, bitten in half in 1 millisecond. TV remote buttons ripped out in a microsecond.... on and on. They should hire Dayo at the electronics recycle center.... Faster than the best machine they have. :P

LOL....yeah...I am lucky to have my original iPhone cable....with chew marks that have not yet severed the wires....BUT it's the original one. :) HA!...yep....1 minute with a key board and at least 10-20 keys are popped off. Most of the time he didn't ruin the bottom of the key so it can be stuck back in. So often I am able to re-assemble the keyboard. But at least 6 keyboards have had enough keys mangled to the point of no return. Heck....you know...some keyboards are only like 10 dollars....cheaper than a bird toy really.