NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Countdown to hell!

kins2321@yahoo.com

While many know our family dynamics, countdown for Sean leaving for his last year at college begins in 12 hours. Sophie is gonna be pissed! Now that I started my new job in pediatrics, I had my new boss set my hours last week. Sophie will see me more and I will be around for her meltdown. I think for once, I will be there for her in time of need! Nancy

She gave him a fantastic send off! She knew! We packed his car, and he spent his last half hour with her. Lots of snuggles and head scratches. She returned to her cage and hasn't come out. Ryan skyped with her, which made her happy, but she doesn't want to be with me and ollie. I know she is depressed.I'm just giving her space, but going in her room to tell her I am here if she needs me.She is such a non stop chatterbox, but has been very quiet after he left. I know she is struggling with her emotions.

This morning, she climbed into bed with me at 7 am. We snuggled for the next 90 minutes.I don't know how she knew, but she did. We comforted each other. Nancy

Congrats to Sophie for weathering the storm and getting back to normal in a quieter home. Every milestone in life has ups and downs for us. We have gotten through the college years and accepting our kids living a thousand miles away, getting married and are about to deal with having our first grandchild with the miles between us. It is exciting to see the kids grow up and take the world by the tail and kind of bittersweet as it creates challenges to the family structure. No matter how far Ryan is from Sophie, you all seem to work together to bridge the gap.

I DID have doubt this year! Not with the kids, as Ryan and Sean ( even though in different states), make a timeline plan, when Ryan needs to step in.They executed perfectly! I wasn't there to " control", the situation! I was sooo busy with my new job, and was " stressed", the kids couldn't pull it off, without me running the show! Everything worked out perfectly! I have learned, kids can work with Sophie, don't need me to be a " control freak", and they can provide for her needs. She is acting completely normal. Nancy